Rewiring to other applications (Recording Vocals etc)

B

bastard_tom

Hey, out of curiosity I was wondering if anybody here rewires their projects to other software such as cubase.

I've been making a few beats using FL Studio, but now it's time for me to record vocals. Would it be a wise idea to rewire my instrumental to cubase and then record the vocal on cubase so I can carry on editing and mixing the rest of my beat in FL Studio? Or in the long run is it better to export each track and mix it down and record into Cubase/Logic/Pro Tools etc.

Thanks in advance

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Hmmm thats a good one, I dont use software very heavily so I would be dropping each track into protools and mixing them there then adding vocals, however what you described above should work.
I know one of my partners is doing somthing like that.
I would know better but mostly when people start talking software jargon it sounds like...
;jkarbg;aerubgbvnsn;dhgeoghabv;on to me....
Gentlemen?

AKP

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yes if you are going to go to that next stage in the project. Rewiring and recording in Cubase will allow you to keep editing the beat before you eventually mix it down. Eventually you will have to mix it down. But you now have more freedom in making changes such as buildups, drops or whatever.

AKP

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Bastard I think after you record your vocals you should bring them back into FLstudio and mix everything in there. Number 1 you can't beat the mixer in FLstudio, 2 you can make adjust to conflicting frequencies between the vocals and the instrument when mixing and 3
If you got the right vsts, you can mix and master. Record your vocals dry, apply all FX's in FLstudio. Another option is to buy a soundcard that has asio drivers which will allow you to record right into FLstudio. Also don't forget, recording is as much of a art as producing. If you don't know what options you have while recording, and end up with so many vocal tracks you can't keep tabs on, your in for long long hours of wasted time to achieve a simple goal. This ain't about recording so I won't go into that, but good luck.

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The way I've used FL with Cubase is by using it as a multi-out VSTi. Kinda the same as rewiring it, but you don't always have to have the FL GUI running.

B

Burna

konceptG said:
The way I've used FL with Cubase is by using it as a multi-out VSTi. Kinda the same as rewiring it, but you don't always have to have the FL GUI running.

Ima have to cosign with koncept, he took the words right out of my mouth.