Robert Randolph and the Family band

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
Any Randolph fans in here? Last night I saw him perform on the Eric Clapton Crossroads guitar show on tv. That dude and his band jam, not like greatful dead, like for real. I have Unclassified, his studio album, but it does not do justice, like Jimi. Yeah, I compared them, although RR plays steel guitar. Which by the way, reminds me of a turntable in they way it is played. Left hand uses the slide (control the changes in pitch) right hand creates the on off of the sound). The way he sits and his hands flow just remind me of turntablists. I digress, I know he has a live album but its only like 5 or 6 songs. Anyone seen him live anyone have any live albums, legal or otherwise? He is on the top of me list for live acts to see.
as a side note the list is:

1. Robert Randolph
2. Medeski, Martin, and Wood
3. Dialated Peoples
4. Kid Koala
5. Ned Hoddings
6. The Roots(seen em 3 times already)
7. Rafael Saadiq

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
SAY WORD man, I thought I was the only person that fucks with these dudes, they are extremely talented, what's that instrument the lead mic plays, it's like a guitar I forgot the name of it, that joint sounds banging and the dude on the Rhodes banannas!

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
yeah definitely man they're dope as fuck. i seen em on the smokin grooves tour a couple of years ago. i think it was the smokin grooves tour: it was Skillz, Kweli, The Neptunes, and Robert Randolph I think. they put on a dope show but it was an outdoor amphitheater so it wasn't as good as it could've been you know. I'd like to see them again inside at the House of Blue's or something.

members online