Roc-A-Fella/ J Records Stole my Boys Beat!

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
man check out dis bullllll shit. me and my homeboy mista green has this connection in VA. our connection has connection to all the major labels and that stuff. so she sends out our beats to whoever we want... well mista green sampled you dont know my name by alicia keys and he thought it sounded like some dipset roc-a-fella type shit, so he got our connection to send it to them. welll.... they wrote mista green back sayin "thanks but no thanks" (thats not all they said but that was said)

now alicia keys gotta remix to the song that was done by roc-a-fella with the samples arranged just like my nigga green had his arranged. they switched up the kick drums but kept the same arrangement.....now is that some bull shit or what?????
dont answer that... its some bulllllllllllllllllshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
it is a harsh industry the way to the top is a way full of deceit and no friends, that is why i rather lurk in the shadows...
anyhow in your case that sucks for real,,, you guys got any proof the beat is yours, if so i would try and sue those fags and get your money, but my bet is they got more money and lawyers knowing how to handle little guys.
maybe ask God, maybe both of them hehe.
But if you are capable of winning that case, you will not only get more money for that beat and shit but it is also great promotion.. Your boy can promote his stuff with the slogans ''My beats are that hot they try to steal them over at the Roc'' lol not that i am a fan of roc and its beats hehehe.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
thats weak

yo that shit is real weak... its happened to me alot in my local area... im scared to even put my hot shit on soundclick... i just made a page tonight but i wouldnt put my real hot new shits on there even though i put it at the lowest bitrate i could... and i might even just take those down.... but thats the game i guess... or so cats keep tellin me... i just lost a couple g's worth of bizness cause one beat i sold this cat ended up on a mixtape with someone else rhymin on it and dude was so pissed he backed out of the next deal we had cookin.... what is the song they put out its an alicia keys remix?

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
WHo ToOK THE CREDiT FoR THE BEAT???

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
word... its the last track on her new album... still has alicia keys over the top? or is that different?

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
Streetwize said:
kanye made the beat didnt he?

if so, then he didnt steal it from ya boy

YoU DoNT KNoW THAT, KANYE AiNT MoTHERFUCKiN GoD, HE GoT HUMAN CHARACTERiSTiCS LiKE EVERYBoDY ELSE, i DoNT PUT THAT SHiT ABoVE ANYBoDY.
i AiNT SAYin HE DiD iT, BUT iF SoN GoT A VALiD ARGUMENT THEN i THiNK HE DESERVES To BE HEARD.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
I guess the industry dosent need new producers... they only need ideas...
In fact, they have stolen your idea. I dont know what "God " thinks about it, but when you send over a CD with your beats on it, put 15 second only of your track... They'll be (maybe) interrested to hear more... or, another idea, try to be there when the big people hear your stuff. If he dosent like it, too bad for him, you take back your CD! The problem, Big people act like they dont have time, so that way they can keep your cd...

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
Guevara said:
YoU DoNT KNoW THAT, KANYE AiNT MoTHERFUCKiN GoD, HE GoT HUMAN CHARACTERiSTiCS LiKE EVERYBoDY ELSE, i DoNT PUT THAT SHiT ABoVE ANYBoDY.
i AiNT SAYin HE DiD iT, BUT iF SoN GoT A VALiD ARGUMENT THEN i THiNK HE DESERVES To BE HEARD.

dawg, why do u seem so hostile all the damn time? what is your problem

i dont even like kanye that much and assuming to you, i think hes 'god'. ur a fuckin idiot if u think kanye wud JACK another kids beat when he has produced all the fuckin hits he has had. i dont care what yall say but if kanye did produce that song, then im sure he didnt jack it, that dude is as real as u can get and im sure he would not jack some random kids beat

y u always so mad about shit, calm the fuck down dude, acting as if ur like the greatest on this damn site

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
J-Malice:

Let me see if I can figure this out. The quotations (" ") indicate your question.

"man check out dis bullllll shit. me and my homeboy mista green has this connection in VA."
Mista Green is your friend you and him have a connection.

"our connection has connection to all the major labels and that stuff. so she sends out our beats to whoever we want..."

So this connection is your "in" with somebody in the industry circle. Let's call her your "Connection."

"well mista green sampled you dont know my name by alicia keys and he thought it sounded like some dipset roc-a-fella type shit"
So your friend sampled a song he didn't write, but was written by Alicia Keys, rearranged her original song, and sent it through your connection to Roc-A-Fella Records with a different beat underneath it, etc.

" so he got our connection to send it to them. welll.... they wrote mista green back sayin "thanks but no thanks" (thats not all they said but that was said) "

Connection sent Roc-A-Fella an Alicia Keys sample that was arranged by your friend but wasn't written by your friend. Of course, Roc-A-Fella will say "Thank you, we have your song on file or some shit."

"now alicia keys gotta remix to the song that was done by roc-a-fella with the samples arranged just like my nigga green had his arranged."

Wow. So, they used a sample written by Alicia Keys can say "they never heard" your friend's arrangement. The drums are different, and they can say "see, we never heard Mista Green's arrangement."

"they switched up the kick drums but kept the same arrangement.....now is that some bull shit or what?????"
Well, let's see. If they heard it, they probably know you don't have enough money to even contest them. If you do, you could be blacklisted, or your connection might all of a sudden say that "she's not friends" with the people she was sending stuff to. On top of that, it's not even your original recording, it's Alicia Keys', making it even harder to prove that you "wrote" it.

Check with a lawyer on the "rearrangement" thing to see if anything can happen. It seems doubtful but as always:

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A LAWYER, IF YOU DO NOT KNOW SOMETHING SEEK LEGAL ADVICE FROM A CERTIFIED ATTORNEY.

The thing is... do you have the money to seek advice? Roc-A-Fella probably knows the answer.

Sincerely,
God

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i would just parlay this into some real publicity if its true (not saying it isnt)

and streetwise and guevara- i'm pretty sure the beat was a remix of you dont know my name, not the original song that kanye produced. i could be wrong, but thats what it seems to say.

sooooooo lets not allow kanye to start yet another forum fight! i just had one.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
*disclaimer

kanye made the original beat- which is why he comes into play here. i'm just saying, the beat in question is the remix and i dont think j malice has told us who from the roc is taking credit for it just yet...

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
Formant024 said:
Now you know, never remix without permission...

thats wassup is it hard to get permission to remix a song????? hope not cuz im the remix king. its bout to be on!!!

no i dont know whos gettin the credit.

them niggas did take the shit. shits too similar. they changed up LIL shit but the basic idea is exactly the same man, even the tempo. and change ups are too. now i understand the beat but the change up bein the same too???? naa man

greens shit is 10 times hotter.

im glad i aint send them my beat tha i sampled from in the rain by the dramatics. they couldnt remake that shit if they tried anyway.

damn thats a bitch i jus realized some shit too man, they used a different sample speed. so their notes are lower the tempo of the two beats are the same but the original sample's pitches are different which can hurt big time in court im sure.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
damn, your friend is unlucky man. thats a reason why u shouldnt send off you stuff to labels. i mean they got heavy producers that can just remake the shit. did ur friend copyright it before sending it off?

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
yea the beat was copywritten. hes tryin to find out the copyright date on their track, or wuteva. but yea he does have proof that the original beat was his, we just need to find out the dates now.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm glad I rread this thread. I had an idea to do similiar tho I don't have a connection to pass it to the right (or in this casr wrong ) people. Butt I'm in NY so I run into the "right" peeple all the time on the street.

Any way lookin @ the whole thing and hearing the track( kanyees not your mans) that's kanyes signature style #1 , kanye produced the original #2 alicia wrote the original# 2 . Don't take this the wrong way but your lucky they didn't sue you. I say that because alicia and kanye owns da copy on the sample used. The most you probably have a case on is the arrangement. I don't doubt some 1 heard your mans beat and thought it was a good idea . Ut u said they changed the drums so the only part your man truly owns they changed. Did they jack your mans idea probably. Can u do any thing about it probably not.

members online