Rocafella Beat Making Video Vol. 2 (link)

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
this is kind of gay to be honest... the beat is wild homo for one... the idea to sample that is retarded as it is...

but charlemaigne, i like some of dudes tracks, but he's not the most engaging guy here...

"when i heard that part, that "uh!", i thought, lets make it more hip hop! and make it go, "uh, uh!" um okaaaaay gotcha. "i wanted to add, like, a hi hat to it, and an open hat, to give it movement..." no shit... really? a hi hat? novel idea.... i knwo he was talking about the pattern and all, but still...

i dont know, this video just doesnt do it for me, i guess if you are brand spankin' new to this, this would be interesting, but it isnt at all. i kind of feel dumber for watching this... just the shit he says... "i probably added a hand clap"....

you know, this kinda sounds like an aqua song that was slowed down......
this shit is fuckin homo...

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
you know, this kinda sounds like an aqua song that was slowed down......
this shit is fuckin homo...

hmm to each his own

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Nice lil video....he ain't give away any secrets on that joint but at least he wasn't Fugged up like tha Alchemist...LOL but this is proof you can't sit in that studio on a major and be like....oh I can't make a beat with that sample it sux.....he might be packin his bags...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
hmmmm good point big d..... but i still wouldnt be down to do some shit like that.....

thing i dont gt is, if people know you for something, an dthey know mos def what you ARE NOT trying to do, why would they ask you to do something that aint your thing, when there is an abundance of producers who will?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
man its a track mill over there...you know they gotta take what they get for da project...I seen some folks turn over in A&R departments Quik...like my Contact At rocafella dried the fugg up When Clark Kent came thru and cleaned house......but back to your scenario....they ain't looking for specialized beatmakers man......if you signed you make what they want pretty much....LOL the mos defs and tha kanyes are the lucky ones who can do them....the ones that are on the inside try to take every job they can that comes their way(a check is a check) that way there aint too much looking around for new folks...like us here on illmuzik.....see why they do what they told....Job security...

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
i'd do it... just wudda made it more uh uh... like added a hi hat or something... make it more for the streets... like replay the keys... and maybe uh uh... and add like an open hat or sumthin...

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
i wouldnt complain if i was asked to make a certain beat for Camron or any of the Roc emcees coz look at the exposure u would get simply because of who they are.

sAfE.

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
I agree that the beat sucks, but I have to give him props for making it Hip Hop. HAHA
Anyways, it was fun to look at his set up.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
When I saw : Charlemane, I thought the beat was going to be hot, cuz he produced: Blueprint 2, on Jay-z's .....Blueprint 2 lol. But the beat is totally wack, and the video doesn't even give you a hint about anything , doesn't make you learn anything. But, i heard that Cam'ron was the one who wanted a "funky/electronic" beat, so don't blame Charle...

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Maknbeats said:
Yo thanks alot Rhythmikal, i've allways wanted to see the videos on Rocafella.com i allways check to see what they have playing, but i don't have a membership. They had one a while back with Boo la which i'm sure was tyte, if you got any more, post em up. pz

no problem man. im always findin videos so ill keep postin them up.

sAfE.