rockin beats solo ?

erkl

Funky Walker Dirty Talker
ill o.g.
how many of u cats work in the studio alone, vs chillin with a crew thats helpin u out n shit ?

i know alot of people into music/recording but none into hiphop, so most of my projects are solo.. kinda gets lonley sometimes.. unless im high :)

thats the prob with the burbs, nice and relaxing, but not much 'culture'..

ART MPC 4000

THE NEXT BIG THING
ill o.g.
Sometimes You Wanna Work By Yourself. I Have A Production Team And They Keep It Real With Me They Will Tell Me If Im Making That Hot $hit Or Just Trash. And Thats What I Needed. A Team That Could Help Me Elevate My Production Game To The Next Level. There Honest With Me And Help Me Bring Up The Weak Points In My Production Game.

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
myself i do a lot beats on my own. I also have a small production team i work with. My pops he plays all the instruments if i need him, one man band style (bass, acu/elec guitar, madolin, piano. It's dope but i also do a lot of beats on my own with samples mostly then add my own touch. i think it cool do work with others and solo.

FuriousMusic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I go solo just me and the engineer. Its hard to go with a crew cause everyones schedule is always conflicting. Someone people come early and some come late, some like to work long hours some work short. Its too hard to put it all together when you got a crew. I mostly will show them my stuff during pre-production in the home studio or i will show them the stuff after the studio session and then when i go back in the studio make the changes if they are needed.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
I like to do my thing by my lonely. When i make beatz i like to be by myself. i'm selfish with my beatz when they are in the making cuz i'm in a zone and trying to get the sound i want right. When itz time to record i got the crew wit me. but when its time to mixdown i do better when i'm by myself or wit somebody thats as experienced or more than me.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
I prefer to work solo wen im making beats, the only time i actually have sumone else with me is if im actually working with them !
i don't like having people there just for the sake of it to me its just another distraction !

ill o.g.
Mostly just by myself. Always. I always got the blinds closed, incense goin, smokin a blunt, dead quiet(besides the beats).

When i got somebody chillin wit me, somebody on the 2KXL and somebody on a keyboard, we just messin around. We dont actually use them beats unless they turn out real hot.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
its good to have someone out of your people, whos into makin beats. most of the time im workin alone, but i always will show what ive made to my homeboys. often my ears are just overfed. after listening to the same 6 samples for 3 hours, ill be like "oohh, thats fat" but then somebody else comes around to tell me "mmmhh, not bad, but what the fuck is wrong with this ugly background noise".
if u work on a beat together with someone else, there will come out a completely different style, to what u you are usually doin. i like it every once in a while, its kind of refreshing.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I've been writting and rapping since 97 and begand producing in feburary 2003. I do It all. The technology is amazing. I sample from dvd's, records, other albums, whatever... The sky is the limit. And I do it all completly solo.. I don't even have friends. I am completing my first project right now. It's about my last relationship, and i am real happy with it. When I finish I will be droping it here for other producers to listen to, although i don't want feedback on it. I know what Im doing, i know it won't be even 8/10.. the 8/10's will be for the furture. I am now trying to motivate my brother to get off drugs and be my producer so i can concentrate my the MIC, but I am not counting on that.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
I kicked it for days with a techno, heavy metal, skinny, schizzofrenic wierd guy who has like 200 intruments and plays the funkiest bass guitar you HAVE EVER HEARD. I am going to be dealing with him a bit and havin him hook my shit with his quitars and violins and shit for a project we all got comin up soon.

I have also spent time collaborating with jwalk of these forums at his house from time to time, also working on a couple projects with these other cats and a talent show.

BUT, I find I am most creative at 3am when everyone is asleep and my headphones are the cleanest and I can really THINK about what I'm doin.

Friends in the studio are good if they are real close with you, but you gotta feel good about the shit to be truly creative as a TEAM.

K

Kojote

Sometimes I prefer makin my beats solo.
But if you dont wanna work in a straight line, it's nice to see what happens by teamwork!
Beats I've made with friends are completely different from my solo-beats.

E

Equality 7-2521

i prefer working on my own cos i have complete creative control but i also like working with a crew for the fun and extra creativity.