Rodes Microphones

• beat this! voting starts in...

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
I just wanted to share this with anybody considering getting a rodes microphone. I bought the NTK microphone used off ebay and the unique 7-pin microphone cable that comes with it was broken at one of the ends. I knew this before I bought it, but i couldnt find that mic cable anywhere online after the fact. I contacted rodes and just asked if they knew where I could buy one or if I could buy one from them (and I told them I had bought my microphone used as well) and the customer support is just flat out sending me a new cable no charge on shipping or anything.

On other threads I had read online I saw that the cable costs around $110 or something. I dunno, maybe its just me but their customer support is the ultimate shit. Didn't ask any questions except for my shipping address. Thought i'd share that with you for anyone who may be considering rodes. They get my vote.

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Look at that...and they say you can't get anything for free anymore! You know what you gotta do now...in a few weeks call them back and give the same story and see if they send you another cable - use different name and address if needed. If they send another free cable, repeat the scam for as long as you can and e-bay the cables for like half price. Put the profits into new gear!

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
J-ReZyN said:
Look at that...and they say you can't get anything for free anymore!

Do they really?

J-ReZyN said:
You know what you gotta do now...in a few weeks call them back and give the same story and see if they send you another cable - use different name and address if needed. If they send another free cable, repeat the scam for as long as you can and e-bay the cables for like half price. Put the profits into new gear!

I wonder why they say you can't get anything for free anymore... lol