Roland Bass Guitar Pickup...

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
hey everybody, as i find my myself getting more and more into making beats i have now started to play my pops bass guitar, it's probably the best thing that has happend to me, my question is have any of you guys used one of these roland gk-2b bass guitar pickup to trigger bass sounds from your sound modules? in my mind nothing is more dope then the feel of live bass, that combined with many different bass patches trigered through a midi signal would simply be dope. so have any of you guys used one, owned one or even heard of them?

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Yes, there are many different forms of pickups that are made to MIDI trigger.

However, I would watch out about "layering bass," as you have stated. An oversaturation of a certain frequency range, like that of bass, which is generally under 100Hz, will make the sound muddy.

Unless there is "linearity to the trigger," like the MIDI triggers a higher frequency sample, like a "click" that occurs at the beginning of the bass trigger, that can be joined with the overall sample but does not collude the overall sample with an oversaturation in a certain frequency range you should be ok.

Experiment!

Sincerely,
God

members online