Roland Fantom G & Cubase 5?

JKIEYZ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm the new owner of a Roland Fantom G and im not sure how to set it up with my cubase 5 software.
I want to be able to use my Fantom G as a master keyboard for playing my virtual instruments in my Cubase 5 DAW and I want to use the internal fantom g sounds and sequence them in Cubase.How do I setup my Fantom to do both?

Any Advice Helps

38th||

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I don't have a Fantom but i am an avid Cubase user. you can run your midi in/outs between your fantom and your soundcard for midi sync. Run the main outs of the fantom into audio inputs on your soundcard. in cubase goto Devices>VST Connections>External Instruments and add the fantom using the audio ins you just connected it to. Thats the generic way and should work for any external instrument.

A quicker way is to download the Fantom G VST plugin...then the fantom will show as a normal vsti complete with its own gui. Thats what i would do.

As a side note, I have an XS8, which is easier to setup since yamaha owns steinberg as I assume the fantom and sonar setup is since roland entered into a joint venture with cakewalk.