Roland Gaia

Heez Magnif

ill o.g.
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=1074

anyone have/messed with/thoughts on it?

I played with it a little at my local Guitar Center, the sounds are pretty rich and very tweakable. For $699 its a pretty good option for those wanting an analog synth but who can't afford to get a Moog. I played with the microKorg too, but i was liking the sounds off the Gaia better. I could either get this or spend a few hundred more to get a Moog synth, either Moog voyager or Lil Phatty.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I asked a sales rep at Sweetwater about it and they said it was a pretty awesome piece of gear. They had a big "gear show" this past weekend and they said it did well and the people that really checked it out was pleasantly surprised at the sound quality, ease of use and price.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Ive played with it thoroughly, its pretty dope for live perfomance and the editing takes a little practice due to the way you edit each voice, but it does allow to edit any selected voice simultaniously. The sequencer is fun and intuitive and you can even save your tweaks and instantly recall them. There's also a sort of hidden feature, since you'd expect it to be 16chnl of the same engine but its only one. On other channels you'll acces a GM bank which not controllable from the hardware itself. Soundwise pretty ok as a source, i didnt like the fx all that much but you can disable those and use vst (not relevant for a live set).

members online