Rookie Matters

L

LaReal

Sup every1

I'm a long time hip hop fan and I just bought some production equipment and stuff and I would like to know.

Are there any books that you guys know about that could get me started on the path to pro audio?

Just books that explain things like tempo and pitch and Effects and all that stuff.

Kind of like a pro audio primer.

Thanx in advance

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Well dude. I'd guess that yo uhave a trubbleshooter in the program that you can read. But I've found that the best way to learn summink is to just learn by trial and error.

Good luck though and post summink on the showcase thread when you have sum beats.

Peace / Andreas

L

LaReal

andreas said:
Well dude. I'd guess that yo uhave a trubbleshooter in the program that you can read. But I've found that the best way to learn summink is to just learn by trial and error.

Good luck though and post summink on the showcase thread when you have sum beats.

Peace / Andreas

Kay,Thanks for the advice cuzo

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If you do a search on Amazon for example, and search for "home recording" or something similar, you'll find lots of hits. I have an old book from the early 90's called "The Billboard Guide to Home Recording". It's old so it doesn't cover today's digital world, but at least it shows you a lot of basic stuff like how to hook up some basic equipment, fx routing, etc.

Plus don't forget to search around here (not just these forums), there's lots of info.

L

LaReal

Fade said:
If you do a search on Amazon for example, and search for "home recording" or something similar, you'll find lots of hits. I have an old book from the early 90's called "The Billboard Guide to Home Recording". It's old so it doesn't cover today's digital world, but at least it shows you a lot of basic stuff like how to hook up some basic equipment, fx routing, etc.

Plus don't forget to search around here (not just these forums), there's lots of info.

Okay,I'm thinking of gettin a library card so I'll keep that title in mind

Good Lookin B

beatzbybuddy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Trial & Error

I think all them books are written in chinese if you ask me. The internet helped me hook up my shit and I took it from there. Theres a lot I still dont know how to do, but I figured alot out on my own. Dont listen to songs on the radio and get mad your shit doesnt sound the same. These producers have engineers sitting with them to tweak everything to make it sound perfect. Trail and Error!

Arc.I.Tect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yah fo'real I wouldn't necessarily trust books, or at least not have your whole time going by it. I just started into producing and I've jsut been fooling around with stuff. I mean the first beat I ever made the drum beat was completely off and my instruments were horrible so I just decided to focus on each section at a time. I just now started making ok drum loops but haven't even really begun with breaks. The other stuff Ijust fool around with and understand it by like beatz said, trial and error.

members online