rookie on reason

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
what's good? i have a question about "reason" and "recycle". is it possible to sample off of a audio cd using the computer alone? then taking it and loading the sample on "recycle"? the way i put a sample on "recycle" is sampling from my turntable or cd player to the mpc 4000, then take it from the harddrive of the "mp" (via usb) to the akaipro software, then putting it into "recycle". (sounds painstaking, i know) but, when i'm gone for weeks at a time, i take my laptop and midi controller with me because i'm not carrying that "mp" around. so if i could sample off of a cd using my laptop, please someone tell me how. (that's only if it's possible) if this was a previous thread, then i apologize. let me know what's good. (be easy)

jbm

16 Pads
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Do you have another wave editing program on your laptop?For example: Wavelab, Soundforge, or Adobe Audition. Use one of these programs to extract the song you want to sample into a wave format.Because Recycle doesn't read cda.

Recycle only reads the following formats: REX,Wave, and AIFF so if you saved the samples to Cd in any of those formats it will work.Remember that if the sample is over 5mins long Recycle won't open or play it all.

Save the samples in Rex format and your good to go for Reason. Just for GP if you want to use the samples later in the MPC without reason.Open the REX file bac up in Recycle and saves as a Akai format to use the slices in the MPC.

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
blkyankee said:
Rip the cd tracks as wav files and open them up in recycle. EASY!

okay, it may be easy to you, but some of us never done it before. spare me the smart comments fam...

jbm said:
Do you have another wave editing program on your laptop?For example: Wavelab, Soundforge, or Adobe Audition. Use one of these programs to extract the song you want to sample into a wave format.Becuse Recycle doesn't read cda.

Recycle only reads the following formats: REX,Wave, and AIFF so if you saved the samples to Cd in any of those formats it will work.Remember that if the sample is over 5mins long Recycle won't open at play all.

Save the samples in Rex format and your good to go for Reason. Just for GP if you want to use the samples later in the MPC without reason.Open the REX file bac up in Recycle and saves as a Akai format to use the slices in the MPC.

naw fam, i don't have any of those. i guess i should invest in one at least one. i kind of figured that i had to convert audio to wav, just couldn't figure out with what. i appreciate the help "jb". thanks for giving me a straight answer without being a "smart alec". it's hard for some people to do that. i guess they're lacking in something...

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
Relic said:
^^^ Idont think he was being smart I think he was trying to give you the easiest route.
What may seem easy to some though is more difficult for those of us who havent ever done it.
I cant get my stuff to do certain"easy" things either but I wouldnt take it so hard.

my bad, my apologies if i took it the wrong way...

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
Relic said:
Dude I have reason too and havent used it yet dont know a damn thing about it except some here swear by it and others loathe it!!!
Gonna have to do some searchin on it tho..

i know right? i'm so use to hardware. i've had reason for like six months, but i haven't used it consistantly. now i have no choice because i'm not at the crib. i won't be there till the end of this month. i guess that's a good thing because now i'm forcing myself to use it. it's not bad at all, i like it...

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i have goldwave and it's COMLETELEY free. no try before buy but its an older verision i have it on cd 3 years now. :p i think it was my first audio editor. and to continue the offtopic i remeber now my first multitrack recorder was Quartz :D. anyway i use Adobe Audition to convert from .cda to .wav. has batch processing to rip the whole cd on three clicks.