Room Treatment

KidWork

ill o.g.
Just a thought....i was lookin at everyones studio pics....people have nice expensive equipment....seems like everyone forgot to put any acoustic treatment up on there walls.... and if so its too minimal to really make a differnce..diffusers..bass traps...foam..they will work wonders for your mix...one thing ive learned is that its gonna be vary difficult to mix your music down properly if your listening in a crappy enviorment.....certain frequencies get boosted and cut do to reflections....if you want your beats to sound better sonically.....dont spend anymore money on equipment before you get your room/studio sounding right

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
I've recently brought a pair of Auralex Mopads for the montiors but other than that i have'nt got anything yet for my set as i'm still quite new to the homestudio, but i'll end up with treating the room soon after i've picked up a new desk.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Well I was gonna post something sooner, I have been building a room within a room thats why I havent done anything with artists for almost a year, but, Green Glue or accoustic glue works wonders for sound damping, you just need a layer of drywall and place the glue in between the drywall layers, and just as Kidrock said, in a crappy environment your mixes will be shitty especially when you can't distinguish the full frequency range or bass, mids and highs it won't matter about your ears although some might beg to differ on this, I got more than a few peeps that mix Very well and you must hear your music exactly as it is reproduced or you can get things mucked....most of my mixes are in headphones until i got this studio done and completely sound proofed/isolated and ventilated...
but doing all those things above is not super expensive especially if you improvise, you can make bass traps with burlap and what not and also find cheap ways to dampen sound and echo.

KidWork

ill o.g.
sound treatment is expensive but there are ways around that.....like making it yourself like dude who posted before me said. I have talked to many guys who say that the auralex foam sucks...which is good to know cuz its a rip off. I found this link to make panels and bass traps for cheap. check it out

http://www.radford.edu/~shelm/acoustics/bass-traps.html#Costs

dont get it twisted either...people like NWA and the old school guys had major budgets and recording contracts early on...all the stuff u prob here has been recorded through ssl's and neve's in perfectly treated rooms.....so dont think they were all low budget...just the mixing techniques for hip hop have changed over the years.....now ssl's and neve's can def. be far from our price range but treating your room is alot cheaper than u think

We only have so much money guy..Jeez..I cant afford that stuff, specially not for an apt.
I just try and learn what crappy sound actually sounds right , best as I can.

cry me a river...step you game up and hustle a lil harder player

members online