Roy-all-tees Beeeyatch!

J

Josh Furey

How’s it going everyone? I'm about to sell my first beat. I did up a contract and decided I want a piece of each copy sold. Say the record is roughly 10-15 bucks. What is a decent percentile to ask for per copy sold? I'd appreciate any input.

Peace,
Josh
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.cbhiphop.com

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
I have 3% on my contract.

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
...but if you're selling to indies...there's no point... take your upfront fee and your publishing... most underground cats are lucky to sell 100 copies...

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
nah do some research on em see how nig there fan base is,,, i messed up like that once i sold a few beats for a few g's and found out the Indi artist Pushed Made units i coulda got Sooo much more than i did with the upfront see.. do ya research bro

Alphabet

ill o.g.
thats an easy answer, decent percent? theres nothing decent about contracts and business throw a huge number up there, what are they gonna say no? they already used the beat they gotta deal with you, shot them a high number they'll shot a low and you'll meet somewhere in the middle, now's hustle time baby