Russia Claims The North Pole!!!

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i mean come on! what is this 1492, when you can stick a flag down and claim it is yours!

but seroiusly they have claimed half the artic as theres to exploit millioins of gallons of oil and gas, apparantly on par with the amoutn the saudis have, and upto 25% of the undiscoved fossil fuel reserves.

in oppoisition to this canada has bought $6 billion dollars worth of ice cutting war ship to defend THEIR claim on the artic.

5 countries by international law have the right to exploit the artic. USA, CANADA, NORWAY (via greenland), RUSSIA and denmark (note the use of lower case haha!), but only 200 miles out from their shores

the russians have the gall to claim that the north pole is an extension of their continental shelf and therefore is russian territory.

it leads me to think, if they are applying this logic, does britain belong to france as it is connected to mainland europe under the channel. Does new zealand belong to OZ for the same reason

i mean how much fucking land does russia want!!!!

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
haha

funny shit!

if that happened i think the world would be dead!

The russians are just pushing buttons, to see how everybody reacts. Its a move that can only be seen as agressive and to antagonise the west, particularly the us. But also the other big players in the fuels biznizz. IE BP,Shell, Exxon etc,etc. It seems we are entering the endgame between the communist east and the capitalist west, with the muslims stuck slap bang in the middle. I foresee a war between the 2 sides in the not too distant future, but the strategic war for the middle east comes first. The major players in major decision making are the oil companys, arms companies and the pharmaceutical companys(legal and illegal). And they are all backed up by the banks. Afganistan is about an oil pipeline, the Western governments are just as wrong to go in there for fossil fuel gains, not to forget Iraq and soon Iran, coups in Georgia. Maybe Russia is just answering back to that. The US is pretty much on Russias doorstep in terms of its missile defence shield, its all just tit for tat antagonism at the moment, but Im sure it will get more serious soon enough. UK diplomatic ties with Russia are terrible at the moment due to the whole Polonium deal. Russia is slipping back into dictatorial communism, US is slipping into a capitalist dictatorship, as is the UK. Its a big game of chess to them, we are just the pawns that lay down our lives for there stupid idealisms.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
yea but at least the russians hate the arabs! look at their forays into the middle east

bin laden fought them in afganistan,

with help for the US that is

and what about condaleeza rice's answer

arm the rest of the middle east so as to fight extremeism

OMG WHAT A HERB!

that is what got us into so much trouble in the first place!

yeah the russians hate the arabs, but not as much as they hate capitalism. the russians are arming the iranians, as are the chinese. it wouldnt surprise me if the russians supported the enemy afgan forces just as a payback for the us involvement in their failed attempt at securing afganistan. as long as the muslim world is the enemy of capitalism its the ally of communism.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
^^That would be ungood, I guess we'd have to arm the chechneans then
Haze47; said:
it leads me to think, if they are applying this logic, does britain belong to france as it is connected to mainland europe under the channel. Does new zealand belong to OZ for the same reason

Silly , everyone here knows that Everything belongs to the United States! lol
I jest of course but you know how we act, its because theres a McDonalds everywhere you go on the planet..Makes us think we are down the street from our house all the time.

members online