Rza Production

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
Maybe this question has been asked before I dunno....but the rza has always been my favorite producer especially all the old shit. I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of equiptment he was working with when he made 36 chambers, liquid swords, tical, and all the other goodies???

C

Copenhagen

As far as I remember reading, he used/uses an SP1200. Other than that, I have no clue...

erkl

Funky Walker Dirty Talker
ill o.g.
i read 36 chambers was all done with sp 1200

as appealing as mad gritty samples are i dont think i would ever spend the dough on this peice of gear unless i seriously had extra cash falling out my pocket and i ran into a mint 2nd edition peice...d

anyways, timeless alblum.. classic
i just picked up double lp wu syndicate for 5 bones, exec prod. by rza.. not bad not bad

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
I heard otherwise

I have always heard that 36 chambers was done on 2 ensoniq eps 16+ sampling keyboards. On cribs i think he did have an sp 1200 but I don'd think he began using it until after this seminal album. By the way, the sp1200 is dope if you use it as a sound module in conjuction with other samplers(for long melodies) or digital production software. You will not find a machine that gives as much punch to your beats as the sp1200, but with the punch comes hiss. I remove the hiss by always running the sp through a noise gate, with that said, my sp is my one sampler that I will never part with. I believe fully in the low end theory, and my sp1200 is crucial to the bottom end of my productions. Remember, its "the starting point for all jams!"

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
I always assumed he just ... "thought" the beats, then they pressed themselves on wax....
he IS the hip-hop producer God, afterall...

All hail RZA (including K. West)