SAE Institute

D

DLT

Hey guys i didnt know where to post this, hopefully this is the right spot, well, I'm a senior at Hillsboro High School, and I plan to go to SAE Institute after I graduate, I've been to the open house a month ago, and I plan to go again. Well, I would like to know that what is the school like as far as getting into the music industry, especially producing, hiphop producing. I live in Nashville TN.

E

Equality 7-2521

i have 3 weeks till i finish my xourse at SAE. dont be closed minded and only look in the direction of Hiphop related work for when you finish a course at SAE. the course will gear you up more for recording bands of all generes, mixing, mastering, using pro tools, sound theory, live sound, etc etc.....everything you can think of. or you could do the electronic music produciton course which may be more your thing. but with the audio engineering course you get a fair bit of info on being a producer too. i reckon its a phat course.

PhleX

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey man i i am looking into doing this course aswell towards the end of next year, from what i have seen and heard looks good and hella interseting...

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
DLT said:
Hey guys i didnt know where to post this, hopefully this is the right spot, well, I'm a senior at Hillsboro High School, and I plan to go to SAE Institute after I graduate, I've been to the open house a month ago, and I plan to go again. Well, I would like to know that what is the school like as far as getting into the music industry, especially producing, hiphop producing. I live in Nashville TN.
Are u from tampa???

class...

D

DLT

Thanks 4 your input guys, oh yeah, I'm not just interested in being just a hip hop producer, that was just my beginning focus for the school, and i wanted to know how the school was for that.

E

Equality 7-2521

ayo the following is a list of SOME of the things you will learn when doing an SAE course in audio engineering (in alphabetical order).

accounting & tax, acoustics, adat, advertising, audio psychology, automation, broadcast, cables and connectors, cd / dvd / sacd, compressors & gates, computers, consoles, patchbays, contracts, copyright, dat, dB, minidisc, digital multitracks, digital standards, digital theory, ear, elc's, fx, electronics, eq, film sound, internet & multimedia, live sound, management, manufacture, meters and operating levels, microphones, midi, mixing theory, music theory, noise reduction, producer & engineer roles, production techniques, phychoacoustics, radio mic, reverb, recording, session proceedure, signal flow, speakers, specifications, stereo / instrument mic techniques, surround sound, tape and tape machines, theatre sound, theory of sound, time code, vynil, pro tools.

hope that helps.

D

DLT

wow, that's alot of stuff for just some of it. thanks 4 typing that. please keep me posted on any new things if you like. I'm a senior in high school and i'm trying to find as much as i can about the school. i went to the open house and the website, but theres nothin like some who is going there telling u about it. thanks

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
do the Audio Engineering course that Equality did and not the Music Production one (it's too basic and where I did it in Sydney was poorly taight). The Audio Engineering course is the bomb though

good luck

U

Undecided

Hey... I'm plannin' on goin' to SAE NY... I was wonderin' what were the requirements to get in the institution... Like diploma/GED, SAT/ACT scores, etc... I already sent an email to them but haven't had a reply... Thanx in advance... Laterz