same damn buzz problem (from turntable)

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah aiight

I know Ive asked this question before, but I still don't get it.

when I do a test recorn, y know, just to monitor the input levels (no vinyl sound yet) I constantly hear a faint but harsh buzzing noise.

I have my ground hooked up fine, but it still doesnt help me get rip of this buzzing noise.

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
nebulous said:
what kind of sound card you using and what's your connections like?

well, I'm recording to my standard windows advanced ac97 card, but I have a m audio mobile pre in which I use to playback my recordings and other music.

equality what you sayin, I should run all of my chords into the same power surger? (cause I got 2 the hoslter all of this shit)

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
through a mixer

I got my ground cable hooked up and everything, but I still hear the buzz.

when I un-attach the ground I just get a louder buzz

nebulous

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Manji said:
well, I'm recording to my standard windows advanced ac97 card, but I have a m audio mobile pre in which I use to playback my recordings and other music.

equality what you sayin, I should run all of my chords into the same power surger? (cause I got 2 the hoslter all of this shit)

why dont you record using the mobile pre? im pretty sure the sound quality would be much better than an AC97 card. the only thing about the mobile pre is you gotta record in mono mode.

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
nah the buzz was really killing me then w/ the MP.

I though maybe it was cause I had to run the out plug into an adapter ( those small plugs that go into the big plugs). plus, I was getting a dull sounding recording.

nebulous

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
well I used to use an extigy sound card to sample with and it had a pretty bad buzz on it thats why I got the mobilePre. Thats weird that the mobilePre has the buzz on it. what kind of cable do you have running to the sound card? rca or 1/4"? if you can take a picture of your connections that would help to troubleshoot it.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
What kind of turntable are we talking about here? Do you have two of them? What type of needle are you using? The shell type or the ortofon screw in type? Also what type of mixer or pre are you using? Give up some more info, or hit us with the link to where you posted it before. We are going to figure this out this time vandammit! lol!
ONE

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you know what

I fixed it nevermind

thanks for ya'll help though

I aint got rid of it completely, but Ive been able to minimalize it to where its barely noticeable, unless you maximize the volume on playback, then you can hear it a little bit.

but is it ok to have a slight buzzing noise in your recording? to a level where it's really not noticeable?