same vintage synth sample flipped twice!

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
First one has a early 2000s mixtape energy to it. I could see the whole of Dip Set or D-Block going full HAAM on it - with DJ Kay Slay yelling is lungs out in the back lol. One thing I've come to really appreciate about your music is focus on song structure. Each section is unique, but flows well. There's a good transfer of energy from section to section which helps with the cohesion of the total beat. The Drums on the first one super gritty. While they do suit the song, I'm curious if tighter, punchier drums would help bring out a groove and energy??

I prefer the drums on the second version. The fills, groove and juxtaposition against the music itself makes them stand out quite nicely. I actually thing version two has way more groove (which is by virtue of being a bit slower).

Both great tunes!

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
First one has a early 2000s mixtape energy to it. I could see the whole of Dip Set or D-Block going full HAAM on it - with DJ Kay Slay yelling is lungs out in the back lol. One thing I've come to really appreciate about your music is focus on song structure. Each section is unique, but flows well. There's a good transfer of energy from section to section which helps with the cohesion of the total beat. The Drums on the first one super gritty. While they do suit the song, I'm curious if tighter, punchier drums would help bring out a groove and energy??

I prefer the drums on the second version. The fills, groove and juxtaposition against the music itself makes them stand out quite nicely. I actually thing version two has way more groove (which is by virtue of being a bit slower).

Both great tunes!
Thanks bro always appreciate the careful listen and detailed feedback!!