sample cds for FL

BourbanBoi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
how good are the sample cds that are on FL SITE i was thinkin about buying one.......................i was just wondering if anyone has purchased one, before i order one.....holla back@me

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I don't know if you have the official version, chances are you don't...but if you do, you can download some of the sounds yourself. About a month ago they sent me a link to download some of hte samples. As far as hip hop goes, not very good at all, but sounds are sounds I guess. I'd just as soon get 2-3 cds off of Ebay, most are pretty good if you can pick them out the right way. Also, if you're in to soundfonts, a friend of man makes some real nice ones, I'm not sure if I can post a link, so email me or AIM me and I'll give you his website...

DJ Dro

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
^ actually that doesnt always apply, banginbeats.com has a real nice sample kit (Free) but i bought like 3 of there kits and they were total garbage, if you are looking for drums then you have to hit up my boy @ www.todaysbeats.com i bought volumes 1 & 2 but i think 2 isnt up anymore just 1, anyways cop that for some nice drums and misc samples its only 15 bones i think. Also, dont forget to check out some of the tutorials he has on his site they are good too. peace - Dro

A

ACEBEATZ

Why would you pay for sample cd for FRUITY LOOP ???. Wut a crappy software good for garbage or kids. This is not a tool this is a toy.

If you got cash and you wanna spend it, why don't you buy professionnal sample banks, instruments, like VST's or at least buy Reason Refills and work with Reason!!!

This is the only decent software for under 300$

Shit man you'll pay 50$ for sound banks for a software that cost 40$.

It's like, havin a car, but the sound kit in it worth more than the car itself, lol.

A

ACEBEATZ

F ruity Loops Patches are composed of maximum 5 sounds (1 sound per octave) and even sometimes only 1!!!!!!

So when you play notes, it's always the same in every octave but pitched up or down, makin the sound really unnatural and ugly.

Reason work the same way hardware samplers/PCM based modules do, same way VST's do or pro synths do : Every instrument you got and load up is composed of 1 or more recording for evey note (sometime recorded with velocity) to be really close of the natural instrument.

For synthesizers, there is no sampling cuz a synthesizer is an engine that create is own waves, is own sounds. FL synths aren't that bad, but they sound thin and and weak.
Reason Subtractor for example, is an emulation of how classic analog synths calculate and produce sounds.

Take Rob Papen LinnPlug VST for example : this VST is a product that 5 programmers and engineer worked on for a year, only this VST!!! It sounds excellent!! Because it's professionnal, made by professionnal for professionnal. Fruity Loops is a basic program to get into music making, but you should already upgrade to something better. If you wait, when you,ll try something else, you will say ''shit all the time i lost....''. the interface of Fruity Loop is completely different from every other product on the market, like every cheap and toy software. Try Logic Audio, Cakewalk, Sonar, Cubase, Pro Tool, Digital Perfomer, Cool Edit, Nuendo, Samplitude or any big name software and you'll find out your way quickly cuz they r build on approximately the same way : a good way to work.

Try it you got nothing to lose. that's my humble advice. But it's an advice from a guy who began to make music with Hip-Hop E-Jay lol!!!! Then I used Acid Pro and Fruity Loops, and I tried every other software from Arturia Storm, to Mixman Studio. I got a full collection of every software : More than 50, Approximately 200 VST/DX effects, approximately 50 VST Instruments, and more than 200 original Cds of sampling, refills, akai's, and so on.

When i found out reason 4 years ago, i said man wut am i doin with fruity loops (I know fruity as changed since then i tried it last month). So i only want you to have better toolsin your hands. Reason is for software loved as much as MPC for hardware in hip-hop.

A

ACEBEATZ

Yeah, I agree some poeple got the stuff but can't make out good music out of it. Sooundfonts were created by Creative some years ago and it made a boom in the PC music world.

You can find them everywhere and many for free, or create your own patches.

How you find VSTs? Did you tried Plugsounds? They're great!! I loved Spectrasonics Trilogy, Atmosphere and Stylus, didn't tried Rmix yet (their last).

One i would like to try is Halion Strings. You can program the bow of your instruments to go forward or back. SOUNDS DOPE HUH!!??