Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Def getting on this...

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Cmon 2G, you dont give headphones enough credit.

LOL, they are good for getting the stereo seperation right but I never know if I have the right bass levels, man they really are a cheap pair of sony's thats why I dont trust them, lol. I have made tracks with them before and been like WTF? when I hear it on the speakers.
If they were a decent pair I wouldnt worry about it so much.

OnQ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 186
yeah 2good, this sounds dope in my headphones thats for sure... you killed this sample too.

i tried choppin that intro piano bit too but gave up after a while, couldn't get much to come of it. i know mines a bit redundant, im planning on working on it some more in the near future, dont have much free time right now. i may have supplied the sample, but i didnt start my beat til midnight last night! lol

btw "The Loneliness Inside" is TOO dope. that sample is out of control, good job man.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
LOL, they are good for getting the stereo seperation right but I never know if I have the right bass levels, man they really are a cheap pair of sony's thats why I dont trust them, lol. I have made tracks with them before and been like WTF? when I hear it on the speakers.
If they were a decent pair I wouldnt worry about it so much.

Man i wish i got my bass like that lol. Its all in how you know'em tho like any speakers. deadly bass btw, again

Man i wish i got my bass like that lol. Its all in how you know'em tho like any speakers. deadly bass btw, again

the bass is in the equing, I filter off below around 33hz boost 60hz and drop off above 290-300hz, dropping off the unwanted frequency range helps prevent distortion and allows you to get the most out of the sweet spot, which to my ears is 60hz. Try playing with that a little bit and before you know the bass will sound nice and phat. I normally add an eq to the drum track too, to drop off below 45-50 hz boost 85hz(for the punchy kick). That stops the kick clashing with the bassline so much, so you can have good kick and strong bass without fucking up the levels, i hope that helps.

btw "The Loneliness Inside" is TOO dope. that sample is out of control, good job man.

thanks man, I spent about 6hrs making that last night after already being up for about 21 hrs, i was bolloxed, but Im glad I stayed up to do it now.

Grafik. This is dope, I like the way you have arranged the chops, have you slowed them down too? I could easily hear someone like Common on this. Nice and simple but it works really well, I like the atmosphere/feeling of it.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
OnQ - I like this man, chops are simple but say alot. Like the bassline in the hook. Good job man, keep up the good work.

2Good - This joint is nasty!!! I am really feelin the chops and that bass is crazy sick! Like the composition around the sample, everything fits perfectly. Good job man, keep up the good work!

OnQ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 186
grafik this beat is sick! love how naturally the piano chops flow, and those scratchs fit like a fuckin glove! good work man.

we HAVE to keep these sample flips going regularly, its so dope to see just how different all these beats are that came from the same sample.

2good, im gonna steal that advice on the bass EQ, bass has always been my weakness, maybe this will help. thanks man

we HAVE to keep these sample flips going regularly, its so dope to see just how different all these beats are that came from the same sample.

Im gonna try and remember to keep up with it, dac keeps reminding me, but I need to keep on it without being reminded. It would be good for some of the newer members to get involved. The oldskool sampleflips accelerated my game dramatically.

And Im glad I could help with the bass, thats my basic model, I use that pretty much on every beat with minor changes depending on how it sounds.

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
OnQ:
I see where you heading with this one, but
the chops are a bit too robotic for my personal taste.
And I didn't like those open hihats. Maybe a little reverb would've
made them smoother.

2GooD Productions:
Now this has smoooooth chops and oh my god those drums.
Everything is pretty much perfect. This sounds quite a bit
like my flip... just better haha. I even thought if I added some
guitar chords too, but decided not to.

GRAFIK:
Damn. Nice vibe and reaaal smooth drums. I love this
kinda simplistic beats!

Here's my flip. Quite simple but I kinda like the vibe:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/74948398c2c75e23/

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
OT-
Just for any non believers the whole 63-67 range = Dope Bass, just cut 50 like 2good mentioned, Thanks again
-Continue thread lol

Status
Not open for further replies.