Sample Flip April 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I noticed that some of you said that it was hard getting something to work for this sample? I had the same problem, then I figured out why it was so hard...the original song was made in 3 counts per measure not 4 like we're used to. All the flips done of this song we're done in 4 counts too, nobody (including myself) did it in 3 counts...I wonder if Q didn't set us up on purpose...lol. Dope sample though.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
my weak attempt (that's all I could come up with ,sorry):

http://www.zshare.net/audio/74956991eb39d87a/

more reviews >

2good: I like how you incorporated that bassline and the powerful drums .. good work

Grafik: really dope, reminds me of Dead Presidents by Jay-Z , very smooth

woohff: I like the drums and the variation with the vocals, maybe play it at slightly faster bpm ?

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
woohff - I am feeling this joint, I like composition you have added over the chops, and the vocal sample in there is dope as well. Really feeling this joint, keep up the good work.

dj excellence - I like the drums but the sample is too choppy for me, you need something to smooth it out, anyway keep up the good work as always

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
It would be good for some of the newer members to get involved. The oldskool sampleflips accelerated my game dramatically.

Yea def all those old sample flips improved my game as well. When you're forced to make a beat out of a sample you come up with more creative ways to flip it....It's not all about finding the illest samples.

Yea def all those old sample flips improved my game as well. When you're forced to make a beat out of a sample you come up with more creative ways to flip it....It's not all about finding the illest samples.

Exactly, thats what I was gonna say.

And Dac, all my chops were two notes long, then I just put them together in a 4/4 way.

Woohff. Your chop arrangement is really fucking dope, I think there is some distortion on the kick/bassline tho, regardless, this shit is dope. Nice use of the vocals.

Excellence. 30 secs? man come on work that bitch lol. I think you have a good basis for a beat here, maybe some extra layers to take it in different directions would make it much better, and allow you to get some length out of it.

Solace. Another dope flip, some of you guys have some dope skills. Great use of chops and vocals, I had trouble using the vocal parts so ended up just using one vocal chop.

Like someone said before, its really good to see one sample taken in so many different directions.
If that isnt inspirational to a noob on the come up I dont know what is, lol

ill o.g.
Saw this thread thought i give it a shot

Eminem - BE WHAT YOU ARE (Sing For The Moment remix)

2good like the mix, bass line was kool. i think the drums could have been better but all in all it was pretty solid

ONQ don't ask me how but you chopped it up pretty decent, mix was good aswell

grafik kool slow vibe for some story telling, the way you put them chops together good. i couldn't hear that im like is that the same sample

woohff still haven't listen to yours yet

ill o.g.
Slow it down two notches

Ezdoesit - I like the direction you were going for, however your chops sounds to cluttered, they seem to busy.....not sure how to explain it. Drums are nice and I like the acapella.

You know what I think it needed was for me to slow it down two notches. I did,
so you can here the piano better. to me the chops are on point though. Check it and hit me back to see if you feel they still cluttered

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
You know what I think it needed was for me to slow it down two notches. I did,
so you can here the piano better. to me the chops are on point though. Check it and hit me back to see if you feel they still cluttered

Yes, slowing them down worked, the chops now have definition. Now you just need some bass and you got a solid track. Keep up the good work...

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Heres what I got started... i am building to this slowly...but after listenin to all the tracks i have more ideas...

FLIPPAGE
Flippage.mp3 - 1.62MB

OnQ this is good vibes...sounds empty but unique flip...

2good im feelin the rawness to this...youre drum game is dope... havent heard a beat from you in a minute!...nice work..

Grafik this is classic grafik style from when i first joined illmuzik...simpliicity at its finest...nice feel from you work...emotions

woohff - this is epic... again with crazy emotion... this sample is bringin out some serious beats...the composition is nice and mellow...givin it hype where need be..

dj excellence - this is aight...you can get somethin goin with the sample...play around with it more....

EzDoesIt the begining was dope but i feel the chops are too cluttered...

Solace this is crazy unique...i can hear slug from atmosphere on this...real dope reverb/delay on the vocals...

EzDoesIt. I like the choice of vocal sample, I would have rather it didnt have Eminem over the top so I can listen to the beat. Nice basic drums, I like them. Decent flip, I like it. Add a bassline and its good to go.

Spanish. Spanish. From the outset nice energy, nice bassline and hard drums. Oh that stopped pretty quick, I would have liked it to have been a bit longer with a changeup or two, but still, good beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.