Sample Flip March 17 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres something I dug up off of youtube, this is from the 40's.
De Falla's - Ritual Fire Dance performed by Arthur Rubinstein.

heres the mp3.....

Download

I have heard a few chops Id like to make from this. Lets see what you can come up with...

Please dont forget to leave feedback for others if you are dropping a flip, lets keep it moving.

OOOOhhhhh, thats dope! alot of good samples there. Good one 2Good!

@2Good, I know you've already murdered that...lol.

Ill be 100% honest with you, I only dug that up today, when I saw you say "if thats what it takes" in the chatbox I had to find something, I found it then, and posted after thinking I could murder that.
Im just about to start chopping away now.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Ill be 100% honest with you, I only dug that up today, when I saw you say "if thats what it takes" in the chatbox I had to find something, I found it then, and posted after thinking I could murder that.
Im just about to start chopping away now.

Yeah, see 2Good still has that fire...

dooont dooo iiit!!!

This guy is making me wonder...he better drop something stupid hot soon or all I can do is pour some brew on the ground for him....lol

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Hey thats my way of motivating you...I was anticipating something in the rock theme...nothing, I came here looking for a flip...nothing, hell you're not even flip'n your sig pic like you used to, whats up with that? 6 gigs? just sitting dormant? Im twisting the cap on a 40 right now in your honor, I swear Im not trying to pour any...help me out here.

Hey thats my way of motivating you...I was anticipating something in the rock theme...nothing, I came here looking for a flip...nothing, hell you're not even flip'n your sig pic like you used to, whats up with that? 6 gigs? just sitting dormant? Im twisting the cap on a 40 right now in your honor, I swear Im not trying to pour any...help me out here.

Im with you Dac, Relic has been talking a lot of talk but the walk is nonexistent.

My beat is well on the way, I have something on brew right now. Im gonna put some more work in today. Hopefully should be ready to post later today, I dont rush anything anymore.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Man Im getting frustrated because I came up with a dope and super clean beat just for this but I cant clean the sample up like I want to and when I put them together it sounds crappy imo. I don't want the beat to be grimey because I like it so much being clean. I want the sample to be CLEAN and CRISP but I CANT DO ITTTTTT GRRRRRR! FL SUXXXXXXXXXXX!

Man Im getting frustrated because I came up with a dope and super clean beat just for this but I cant clean the sample up like I want to and when I put them together it sounds crappy imo. I don't want the beat to be grimey because I like it so much being clean. I want the sample to be CLEAN and CRISP but I CANT DO ITTTTTT GRRRRRR! FL SUXXXXXXXXXXX!

Nah man fuck that, 1. Its a 40's recording 2. Its been streamed, 3. Sometimes shit just cant be clean.
I have sort of let the samples sit low enough in the mix that the grimyness isnt so obvious. And then added loud hi hats and snare that add a crispyness to hide the grime, lol. If you cant get rid of it, you can always try to hide it. I did a lot of filtering of the samples. My beats nearly ready to upload.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I know, I know, I know...Im just making excuses but I hate that I cant clean it up just a little better. I think Im gonna change beats and save the one that I made for this beat. I had the mercury bundle and I know that it has something that will clean it up but the pc that it was on got trashed and I couldn't find the copy that I made....but anyway, Im going back to work on it.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
2Good- I love the tags!! lol. this is def dark as a mofo its a beat that stand on its own, I dont think a rapper would want to ride it. That being said I think its a good stand alone beat.
Whats funny about 2good is that if you follow him around the internet he puts in alot of work, sometimes Ill follow him on myspace and see him getting track ideas from a guy one minute then comming back with something dope like right after! Always nice to hear those tags on there during those times too! lol
Nah, but you put in lots of work dude!

Dac- I see everybody was using the same parts but I dont blame you , those things caught my ear too when listening to it..More of a swingy beat , I like the concept.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
hahaha thanks man but I think its gar-bage...lol...I even saved and uploaded the wrong version (in a rush), that was the cut before I added all the extras. Im just upset that I couldn't clean the sample like I wanted but thats no excuse cause 2good murdered that ish!

OnQ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 186
dammnnnnnn 2good you destroyed that sample!! i'd give it a go if not for effing finals.... good work though for sure. eh fuck it, i might just have to flip this when i get back from spring break. good find.

dac those drums are too crispy man. i gotta work on my drum game thats for sure. post the final version though man, i wanna hear it...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
OnQ, you're a beast! I think your drums are dope and your samples are even SICKER! Ofcourse everyone can have room for improvement but your work is very good imo.

Dac. I like the choice of chop, lol. I found that part to have a good repetetive groove to it, and used it pretty much throughout my track, I like the live drums you have, and the way you have panned across the main sample, I also think the changeup works, but only just, when you pitch it down a semi note, it sounds slightly awkward but it doesnt really affect the timing too much.
Im glad my flip has gone down well, Im constantly fighting block these days, I keep getting creative constipation.

2Good- I love the tags!! lol. this is def dark as a mofo its a beat that stand on its own, I dont think a rapper would want to ride it. That being said I think its a good stand alone beat.
Whats funny about 2good is that if you follow him around the internet he puts in alot of work, sometimes Ill follow him on myspace and see him getting track ideas from a guy one minute then comming back with something dope like right after! Always nice to hear those tags on there during those times too! lol
Nah, but you put in lots of work dude!

lol, I try to get about, you have to these days, forums are dying a death all over the place.
And I have a lot of time on my hands right now. Im desperate to get another turntable, I need a job soon.
I really want to get my djing on again. And then Ill be putting in more work. Doing proper mixtapes. Fade was right, WE should get djing back in the spotlight.

EDIT. And I forgot to say man, you dont realise how much I appreciate and have scratched those tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.