Sample Prostitution......

AHXBEATS

AHXIMUS PRIME
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
What's up with these cats trying to sell people samples up in here.. That's just rediculas. You come across some so called dre samples or Timbaland samples.. Who cares, jus cause someone gased you to buy it, or you found a website to downloaed it from for free. Doesn't give you the right to try and resell em to people that cant find em.. That's just bullshit.. You wont catch me buy no bootleg sample CD. If people would take the time and learn how to create a drum sample then they wont need your so called Dre Drums... You don't know what dre uses so stop saying you do. Just cause you read some MAG and it said dre uses this, don't mean it's true. Plus all the samples in the world can't help some of yall. Whatever happened to Each one Teach One, and share, share alike. Anyone at anytime can have my whole sample collection free. It's not the samples it what you do with them. I would have posted this in the Buy and Sell section, But I'm pretty sure fade would have deleted it..

X-RAY
"aka"
Jewel Avenue OX

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Wow! you got strong feelings about that one,man! But I feel you. Isn't Illmusik supposed to be a community of producers helping each other? We should NOT be aiming for the "community's" money but for the MC's... Hehehe

And people should learn to tweek sounds to their liking, but that's not that easy for everybody, so, sometimes, a drum package isn't such a bad idea (for a BG - beginner)

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
Jewel Avenue OX said:
What's up with these cats trying to sell people sample up in here.. That's just rediculas. You come across some called dre samples or Timbaland samples.. Who cares, jus cause someone gased you to buy it, or you found a website to downloaed it from for free. Doesn't give you the right to try and resell em to people that cant find em.. That's just bullshit.. You wont catch me buy no bootleg sample CD. If people would take the time and learn how to create a drum sample then they wont need your so called Dre Drums... You don't know what dre uses so stop saying you do. Just cause you read some MAG and it said dre uses this, don't mean it's true. Plus all the samples in the world can't help some of yall. Whatever happened to Each one Teach One, and share, share alike. Anyone at anytime can have my whole sample collection free. It's not the samples it what you do with them. I would have posted this in the Buy and Sell section, But I'm pretty sure fade would have deleted it..

X-RAY
"aka"
Jewel Avenue OX

SAY WoRD, YALL BEEN GETTiN REAL LAZY AS oF LATELY AND iT SHowS WHEN EVERYBoDYS DRUM KiTS SoUND ALiKE, AND NoW CATS iS GOiN CRAZY oVER THE KANYE BoNGoS.
AND For THosE oBSESSED WiT DRES DRUMS, THE DUDE SAiD THAT HE USED THE SAME KiCK oN THE CHRoNiC, BUT U WoULDNT BE ABLE To TELL CUZ HE TWEAKED it DiFFERENT oN THE DiFFERENT SoNGS.GET CREATiVE, QUiT WASTiNG YoUR MoNEY oN SAMPLE CD'S, AND PRODUCE MUSIC.THE KEY WoRD THERE iS "PRODUCE".

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
Yo, you cats are right. People are just lazy and don't want to do the work. People can have all the samples that came on CD's with my equipment but I'm not gonna tweak them for them, but all my best samples were dug off old vinyl; so, do the work or the reward probably won't ever come or won't feel quite so rewarding... Besides I love listening to old vinyl, that is one of the main reasons I produce in the first place. The key is how you flip something, not what you have, but people who are in it for the money instead of the love don't want to do the work cuz it is just work to them, not passion...

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
true, true i see alot of post wanting pete rock samples and kanye bongos, and dre drums, like jewel said learn how to sample ya own stuff and chop it up and quit being a wannabe kanye or pete rock or dre producer and be ya dame self.

holla

C

Copenhagen

word to your mother too Formant...

anyways, that's how some people play the game, others's don't. There really isn't anything to do about it.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I didnt even notice this...Once again i seem to be becoming blind around here....Thats some lame shit tho for sure....I can completely understand a legitimate trade or business deal, but that shits jus triflin'!

Steez

bluntology

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i have so many diff samples of allmost anything u can think of holla at me if u are intrested in any ill hook ne1 up for free

E

Equality 7-2521

word up. everyone should find their own fuckign samples. and why would you want to use something that heaps of other pepoel are going to use anyway. screw that i want my shit to sound original.

K

kronikdj

Jewel Avenue OX said:
What's up with these cats trying to sell people samples up in here.. That's just rediculas. You come across some so called dre samples or Timbaland samples.. Who cares, jus cause someone gased you to buy it, or you found a website to downloaed it from for free. Doesn't give you the right to try and resell em to people that cant find em.. That's just bullshit.. You wont catch me buy no bootleg sample CD. If people would take the time and learn how to create a drum sample then they wont need your so called Dre Drums... You don't know what dre uses so stop saying you do. Just cause you read some MAG and it said dre uses this, don't mean it's true. Plus all the samples in the world can't help some of yall. Whatever happened to Each one Teach One, and share, share alike. Anyone at anytime can have my whole sample collection free. It's not the samples it what you do with them. I would have posted this in the Buy and Sell section, But I'm pretty sure fade would have deleted it..

X-RAY
"aka"
Jewel Avenue OX

i definately feel u on this one to xray, that shits pure fuckry!!

anyway forgive me as im only a beginner, u say peeps should learn how to create a drum sample...? do u mean in a specific programme or through ur sequencer? again forgive me...

one

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I think its ok to use drums samples from kits - but tha word here is to choose WISELY!...Dont jus cop tha shit cuz mad people say its dope!...Cuz that means mad people are usin tha shit and makin beats that all have tha same kicks an snares!.....To be completely OG on this one, if yer workin with a computer, go ahead and sample a drummer playing from either vynil or even a cd, and then dump that shit into cooledit, or whatever u have first, chop tha parts u think are tight, then dump that shit into Recycle and get all those perfect little kicks an snares outa there and save that shit as yer new drum kit....Next use those samples to program yer beat with, sounds like a bit of work, but realistically its not ,and in my opinion is well worth it.

Steez

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
here's a suggestion to anyone who is interested. Someone start an FTP server, (i would but im not too sure how that works), and then make it a sort of community where everyone can upload new samples and download other peoples samples. I personally agree with Jewel. I got no probelm giving EVERY SINGLE ONE of my samples away for free. Its not the kick sound that makes you hot, its the song as a whole. A Dre drum sample isn't gonna do anything for you....

Anyways, I'm quite serious, if anyone would like to set this up, start a public FTP server and everyone upload something and share your samples....those who are interested at least....everyone holla if your interested

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
hmmm good idea swivel. or maybe fade can put sum sort of "sound donation" area on illsoundz where we can post them to share.im more than happy to share sum of my samples to the "more needy" beatmakers out there lol shit times is hard these days!!! (i got tons of sample cds and refills) ...HOLLA AT YA BOY

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
man i got like 2 gigs of refills plus another gig or 2 of wav files which I got no problem sharing....I'm not desperate for samples but you never know what you find in each refill or kit.....there's always some hidden gems.....and im sure you guys will find plenty of gems in my stash....

Fade, you interested in hookin this up?? Or anyone else like to set up a free stash of refills, soundfonts, wavs and other samples via FTP?? HOOK IT UP SOMEONE!!! lol

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I understand what you guys are saying, but it doesn't make sense to setup an FTP sample trade, since we just started illsounds.com, a site where we're trying to sell samples! ;)