sample sites for beats or rip of sites of cheats??

pirell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
..... hey guys, i just wanted to know if you guys have ventured into the world of buying samples from many websites, especially the ones that you perhaps arent able to preview the sounds, only to find something that even the default sounds in reason 1.0 sound much better than?

i have and i emailed them cussin them out. the guy replied me telling me to develop my skills more, claiming Dr Dre just ordered their entire catalogue!!! uhn huhn. i could mention the site if need be, i have got stuff from some sites and they were really tight. so is it really about tweaking the sounds to suit your needs or having a collection of as many samples (when i mean samples im talking drum kits and the odd stuff thats used on tracks not sampled loops etc)

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
well, which site was it!?

I don't think it's your skills as much as it is quality of the samples. All my stuff has been downloaded for free and sounds ok but IU would kill for some better drum kits or other instrument samples!

If you look at each wav, snd, aiff, or sf2 file, look at the size and that should tell you a little bit about the sample. If they range from 4-20MB, you have good quality samples unless they were just recorded like garbage. if they are between 100k - 2 or 3 mb, you have low quality samples, unless it's a very short sample. That's what I go by anyways, I usually delete any sample that isn't at least 1MB in size.

Just a thought.

have you heard anything about banginbeats.com? are they any good?

KIRK T

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ahhh Yes. That would be Bangin-Beats.com, I remember your email. Prior to writing rude emails... Try asking if maybe there are other kits more suited to your style or something. You would have probably been blessed with some free shit. Nobody over here wants to see people unhappy with their purchase.

And indeed, as recently as a few weeks ago, Dre was workin with the libraries on a project in the studio w/ Denaun Porter.. (Stunt 101, P.I.M.P etc).
Sooo... save the "uhh huh" BS. Many succesful cats have nothing but praise.. In fact, Bangin-Beats.com has a library in use in damn near EVERY shady records affiliate's studio..

Sooo.. Do you. I'll do me. Everybody's happy.