SampleFlip May 17 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

scandal

Maker of Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 178
Grafik: loved the chops and the drums sounded too raw. I love the vibe of this beat. Old school could hear like krs one ripping this.

2good: Nice blend of both sampled and composed work. the composed part added a nice atmosphere to the track especially those pads in the background.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Reviews

gustoo1 - You're flip isn't on your myspace page. Post it if you want a review.

scandal - dope flip! I love the chops and the composition fits really well. Feeling this track man. Keep up the good work.

2good - I like this. Interesting choice of chops, like the heavy bass and the soft strings and other composition they fit really well. Keep up the the good work as always homie....

Sorry if I missed anyone.....

Gusto, nice flip, I dont even recognize the sample, I think a nice bassline would go down well. I just think it needs something more to phatten it up a bit. I like the vocal tags.

Scandal. Haha, dope, I wasnt expecting that, once it dropped, illness. Nice synthwork.
The variation works really well, this is that shit. Oh it finished, i thought it was gonna change up again. Ah well rewind and come again, lol.

Grafik, I love the chop selection, and damn those drums bang. Illness as usual from you.
You got a lot of action from the sample, doesnt really need much else, except maybe a nice bassline. The drums play off the occasional white space really well.

Swift

Swift Flow
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Gusto, nice flip, I dont even recognize the sample, I think a nice bassline would go down well. I just think it needs something more to phatten it up a bit. I like the vocal tags.

Scandal. Haha, dope, I wasnt expecting that, once it dropped, illness. Nice synthwork.
The variation works really well, this is that shit. Oh it finished, i thought it was gonna change up again. Ah well rewind and come again, lol.

Grafik, I love the chop selection, and damn those drums bang. Illness as usual from you.
You got a lot of action from the sample, doesnt really need much else, except maybe a nice bassline. The drums play off the occasional white space really well.

Yo 2good thanks but that was my beat for showcase.i took off the sample flip but i just uploaded it again give it a listen its titled "yerp"

Yo 2good thanks but that was my beat for showcase.i took off the sample flip but i just uploaded it again give it a listen its titled "yerp"

Ok I checked the right one this time. One thing that is throwing me off is that snare, I really think it doesnt work at all. Id find one that is a lot snappier, not so long sounding, or you could try tweaking the decay, to make the sound a lot shorter, I really think a new snare would work better tho. I also think a bassline would help the sample chops out a bit too. I like the drum pattern, but I find the beat needing something more.
Its a little too oldskool, if you get what I mean.

Swift

Swift Flow
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Ok I checked the right one this time. One thing that is throwing me off is that snare, I really think it doesnt work at all. Id find one that is a lot snappier, not so long sounding, or you could try tweaking the decay, to make the sound a lot shorter, I really think a new snare would work better tho. I also think a bassline would help the sample chops out a bit too. I like the drum pattern, but I find the beat needing something more.
Its a little too oldskool, if you get what I mean.

I know exactly what you're saying,i didn't listen to it for a week and it sounded different from when i just made it i don't really like it,its on for the next sample flip though

I know exactly what you're saying,i didn't listen to it for a week and it sounded different from when i just made it i don't really like it,its on for the next sample flip though

Haha, that happens to me ALL THE TIME.
When Im making a track it sounds real dope then I listen to it the next day or a couple days later and it aint as good as I thought it was.

Also Id like to say, its good to see a new member getting involved. Props.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Gusto
drum swing is just nasty, thats that shit man love to hear it. super laid back.

Scandal
oh man, the switch up after 40 seconds... that was ill. love the guitars in the first part.

2good
cool that you built the beat around what the vocal loop was doing. Drums and bass are knocking, the added instruments work well with what the sample is doing. some of the vocal phrases don't match the tune of the instruments in a few spots, but all in all solid

Grafik
dig the way you looped that up, the layers filled it out well too. All of the elements work well together. I'm a loop fan without a doubt. Sounds like you have a break as the main drum loop and a 808ish kick drum layered beneath.

MY FLIP -heads up, it's pushed pretty loud.

Wait 4 Summer - Sample Flip

hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=9223293&q=hi

Letting my homie borrow my turntables at the moment and needed some new samples to fuck with. i'll be around for the next few sample flips hopefully.

Hows everyone been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online