sampletank 2

cees@23

ill o.g.
Can anybody give me some tips on how to use sampletank 2 with fl studio 4.
to sum it up i'm stuck like chuck. Feedback please. If you don't use sampletank can you just give me an idea of how the vst instruments work and how to use them with a midi keyboard. It don't matter if you talk out pocket to me i just need some help.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Alright son!
first thing you need to do is load the sample tank
depending on what version of sample tank you have, you should see number 1 thru 16 those are your midi channels so when you click on one and load a instrument, then you have have a instrument on midi channel one, when you click on 2 and load a instrument, you have a instrument on midi channel 2 and so on. Until you do this next step, you will only be able to hear the sounds on midi channel 1.
Next step
In the top right corner of the sample tank window is 3 green dashes, when you move your mouse over it it should say "midi input port number" under the file menu. Adjust your midi input port number to 1, the add up to 16 midi out channels from your channels menu. Set the port numbers for your midi channels to the same port number your sample tank is using. Now on your midi channels, you will need to set the channel numbers corresponding to the channels you are using on the sample tank. Example: if one of your midi out channels is set to read channel 2 that midi channel will control what ever instrument you have loaded on channel 2 of your sample tank. So if you are using all 16 channels of your sample tank, you will need to load 16 midi out, and number thier channel from 1 to 16 in order to control them. Don't forget about the port number either. Peace