Sampletank 2XL

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Just copped yesterday, shit is pretty dope.. The piano's and strings are nice... Bass is kinda cheesy but an eq can fix that shit up real quick... Anyone else cop this one?

DJ Dro

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yo i am having a seriously irritating problem w/ sampletank 2xl in FL ... when i play notes on my midi keyboard some of them will stay on as if i have a sustain pedal in use, wtf is up w/ that ??? - thanks in advance

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
hmm i think manji had this problem, and fixed it.

i would ask him

bass... is far from garbage. it isnt "great" but if you utilize the effects... lo fi and channel strip, and if yuo have any outboard gear or something like Waves or T-Racks, you can make it sound pretty good.

at least, i can.

the sampletank library is more than adequate, and while its library isnt on par with the likes of Kompakt, it offers much more in the way of effects... and if you use them (thats a major selling point of sampletank) then you have a pretty powerful piece, in terms of software. .

Jig Dagod

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo DJ Dro it's ya boi Jig0809. Welcome to the spot fam. I see your still having this problem with the sticky keys I think it might be the soundcard you're using. Like I told you I copped that m-audio audiophile 2496 last night and hooked up my keyboard to it and I was pressing all kind of keys together and none of them stayed on. It didn't happen in Cubase either. The audiophile is only $99 too.

DJ Dro

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
DJ J POE said:
Yo DJ Dro it's ya boi Jig0809. Welcome to the spot fam. I see your still having this problem with the sticky keys I think it might be the soundcard you're using. Like I told you I copped that m-audio audiophile 2496 last night and hooked up my keyboard to it and I was pressing all kind of keys together and none of them stayed on. It didn't happen in Cubase either. The audiophile is only $99 too.

haaaaa what up fam, damn man you all ova EAST OVA !!! lol You keep popping up on forums i didnt know you was a member of, anyways how is the audiophile man ? notice anything ? you prolly wont until you cop the monitors - Manji helped me w/ the sticky keys situation all better now ... and oh man MY LATENCY IS LIKE 000000 now lol (but only in FL!) anyways i gotta go finish installing sampletank 2xl ;)

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
DJ Dro said:
Yo i am having a seriously irritating problem w/ sampletank 2xl in FL ... when i play notes on my midi keyboard some of them will stay on as if i have a sustain pedal in use, wtf is up w/ that ??? - thanks in advance

Yeah yo, im havin that exact same problem.. Also sometimes when im playing a melody keys i press wont play but they will record, which is very weird... But overall i think its a dope ass vst, i am far from mastering it yet though...

DJ Dro

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
eXampuL_oNe said:
Yeah yo, im havin that exact same problem.. Also sometimes when im playing a melody keys i press wont play but they will record, which is very weird... But overall i think its a dope ass vst, i am far from mastering it yet though...

dude i fixed that shit by re-installing and selecting the VST directory as FLStudio4\plugins\vst

and BTW i am in L O V E w/ sampletanks sounds and i have only installed 2 cds of them lol

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
COpped Sample Tank 2xl and Cubase for 40 bucks it should be here in 2 days or so

Eh Truth i got a question or maybe some 1 else that has used Reason do you think the sample tank library is alot better then the Reason SoundBanks (the stock 1's reason comes with ) also is there different sampletank Libraries you can copp like how there is Reason Refills ?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
yeah... they are called "expansion tank" modules you can add.. go to sampletank.com, everything you could ever ask is there...

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Aight Good Lookz but the quality is better then reasons or they are about the same ?

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Cold Truth said:
hmm i think manji had this problem, and fixed it.

i would ask him

bass... is far from garbage. it isnt "great" but if you utilize the effects... lo fi and channel strip, and if yuo have any outboard gear or something like Waves or T-Racks, you can make it sound pretty good.

at least, i can.

the sampletank library is more than adequate, and while its library isnt on par with the likes of Kompakt, it offers much more in the way of effects... and if you use them (thats a major selling point of sampletank) then you have a pretty powerful piece, in terms of software. .

Hmmmm, sounds dope. Wish I had a "REASON" to try that Truth,,,lol.

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DJ Dro said:
haaaaa what up fam, damn man you all ova EAST OVA !!! lol You keep popping up on forums i didnt know you was a member of, anyways how is the audiophile man ? notice anything ? you prolly wont until you cop the monitors - Manji helped me w/ the sticky keys situation all better now ... and oh man MY LATENCY IS LIKE 000000 now lol (but only in FL!) anyways i gotta go finish installing sampletank 2xl ;)

I am such a good person.

DJ Dro

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN IT !!!!!!! more sampletank problems, quite possibly the most frustrating yet, seriously im bout to break my midi keyboard in half. Now when i fucking load a sound in sampletank sometimes it will play more than one channel at a time together AHHHHHH ITS KILLING ME !!!!!!! i cant get anything done like this (i am using one sampletank module in FL w/ multiple midi out's on port 0 im about to seriously freak out

BeAtArKiTeK

"Only God Can Judge Me"
ill o.g.
damn that sucks ....you should check you Fl if its a cracked version that might be the problem .

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DJ Dro said:
DAMN IT !!!!!!! more sampletank problems, quite possibly the most frustrating yet, seriously im bout to break my midi keyboard in half. Now when i fucking load a sound in sampletank sometimes it will play more than one channel at a time together AHHHHHH ITS KILLING ME !!!!!!! i cant get anything done like this (i am using one sampletank module in FL w/ multiple midi out's on port 0 im about to seriously freak out

lol @ your suffering

You mean it's like, playing your piano and bass guitar @ the same time? youre probably layering sounds and don't even know it. when you duplicate a MIDi channel, it also duplicates the port number (MIDI out= port no 1 MIDI out #2=port no 1) ya smell me?

Either go to ADD ONE over and over again when loading MIDI channels or make sure you are changing

OOORRRRRRRRRR

you probably have two diferent instruments set @ the same midi channel, making it so youre layering when you don't want to. Look the top left hand corner of your ST browser. there's the "PART" thing, then to the right of it there's your channel set thing (CH.)

there are numbers below that shit. those are your midi channel numbers and should read 1-16. If part one is set to channel 1 and part 2 is set to channel 2, then you're good, but if part 1 is set to channel and part 2 is set to channel one then your going to get some layering that you may or may not want. just put your mouse over it and shift you midi channel number to the desired channel.

I hope this helped.

cause if it didn't I just wasted my muthafuckin time typin this.

SupaStar

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
OOORRRRRRRRRR
Dj Dro: Have you updated SampleTank at the User Area. There are several crucial patches that fixes the problem with the keys holding in Fl Studio, download and install them. Thats what fixed mine and Read the manual more, SampleTank has Mute and Solo for each instrument patches and also there is a button to delete them. I know all the solutions for the issues you have but I fixed mine by reading the book thoroughly..
And If I am to drop my opinion on SampleTank, To sum it up its all you'll need to pull off realer sounding instruments on a computer. I read a complaint earlier in this thread that it doesn't have any good bass. Probably that person never realized there was a thing called tweaking and layering. Just like FL Studio, Sampletank contains too many tweaks to name and if you know what to use. Your result will be amazing, I Guarantee