SampleTank..

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
if FL can accept vst's, then yes.

basically, its a workstation-type sound module, which is pretty good for software. it imports akai, samplecell, .wav and .aiff files. it has a solid effects section.

honestly, depending on what yuo are looking for, hypersonic is a better choice, or even kompakt- kompakt is better than both, overall quality wise, but lacks the effects depth and sheer quantity of patches of the other two.

yuo cant go wrong with either. i made beats using nothing but sampletank (aside from drums) for several months. if you need pads and atmospheric sounds, those are its main weaknesses.

E

Equality 7-2521

can you go into more depth about how you use sample tank Truth. ive got it but havnt started using it yet because cubase is the only program i have which hosts it and i havnt gotten into cubase yet.

tell a bit about your methods of using sample tank and how you use it in conjunction with other programs.

cheers.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
well, i just pull up the vst and use it as a sound module.... not much to explain- its very intuitive. click the instrument you want to use, and use the four effect slots to alter the sound, and away you go!

i use the lo fi filter on everything in there, and if yuo usethat and the envelope filter together, yuo get some real good sounds.

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
eXampuL_oNe said:
Yo, how is this??? Is is just a vst? It can be plugged in with fruity loops, right?

it sure can BUDDY!

when you instal it, make sure you do it RIGHT cause it won't point automatically to the right directory.

it's just a VSTI. A very powerful one, the instuments sound real, and there's lots of shit in it

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
No problems

cept you gotta use the built in effects for sampletank, that means no fruity reverb on your piano, just sampletank reverb.

jeah, take those jewls son

-JG-

ill o.g.
I am able to use fruity effects on my sampletank channels. Only thing that doesn't work for me is the slide function on the piano roll.

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
so can you use Fruity effects on each different instrument loaded into your module?

reverb on piano

compression on drums

flanger on Guitar etc

-JG-

ill o.g.
Yes, what I do is load more than one instance of the sampletank plugin for each instrument

members online