*Sampling* _-NEWBIE-_ TiPs, TriCks, Help

C

Chubb-E

I Am Interested In Sampling And Would Like To Hear Some Advice And Input. I Wanted To Know What Hardware You Use. Any Tips,Tricks,Inspirational Words,Choping Points,Chop Build Ups? Break Downs? Sampling Dvd?. Any Advice Would Be Appriciated.
Soon To Own A MPC 1000 Following A TR-808 Or The Novation Drumstation.

iM New To This Site And Staying Here (LoL).

Just For Fun (What iS A Samplers DREAM?)

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
I use Audacity for sampling. If u want to see actual chopping of samples and work with samples going on for FREE go to www.youtube.com and search for chopping, sampling, ect. Plenty of vidz on it. THERE IS NO WRONG WAY TO DO IT. Some use software while others use hardware. Its an preference thing.

Nicole

O

open mind

make cue points with audition2 then save the waveform but click the "save with additional audio data" button so it remembers your cue point.

then open the file with FL Slicer and then u have all your cue points splited on keynotes.
rest is history.

have fun.

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
open mind said:
make cue points with audition2 then save the waveform but click the "save with additional audio data" button so it remembers your cue point.

then open the file with FL Slicer and then u have all your cue points splited on keynotes.
rest is history.

have fun.

Open Mind I havent even heard a track from you that you sampled.....

u have techniques and stuff to say about sampling where the tracks at????

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah, its one of those things that you learn by doing yourself... after you find out the basics and general guidelines, the rest is up to you

T

The Bastard

open mind said:

rest is history.

have fun.
can u do that wit adobe 1.0?

J

JMSoundzLTD

The Bastard said:
can u do that wit adobe 1.0?

ya, you should be able to, im doing it in 1.5, it's uhm..

F8 - To set cue point
ALT + 8 - View Cue points, then
Batch them all, and your set!!

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I use ReCycle, and Im stickin wit it.
Its easy 2 use, Rex2 is supported by Reason, FL Studio, Cubase, and others.
The way I learnt to sample and chop was by mistakes. Keep tryin n tryin.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
i use an MV8000 but we wont even go there.

in fact, iv been using FL to make beats lately when i dont have the MV with me, and damn it is sick to sample with! i only just figured how to use the 'Fit' feature with the tempo, that ish is crazy. wish i had known bout these things before i copped so much hardware lol.