Sampling advice!

Spuntastic

cinephile/beatmaker
Battle Points: 82
Spend some time in the editor to set everything up for your DAW. You can get it here: http://www.akaipro.com/product/mpk-mini-mkii#downloads
Took me some hours to understand how it works and adjust the things I needed [the pads and the knobs had wrong assignments - I use Reason 8], but after you've gone through this hell you can save your settings and load them with the "Prog change" button [hold it down and hit PAD 1 -> Program 1]

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
Audio normalization is the application of a constant amount of gain to an audio recording to bring the average or peak amplitude to a target level (the norm). Because the same amount of gain is applied across the given range, the signal-to-noise ratio and relative dynamics are generally unchanged.

What DAW are you using your midi keyboard with?
thanks for the normalization thing, i use cubase but configuring it is a hell
Spend some time in the editor to set everything up for your DAW. You can get it here: http://www.akaipro.com/product/mpk-mini-mkii#downloads
Took me some hours to understand how it works and adjust the things I needed [the pads and the knobs had wrong assignments - I use Reason 8], but after you've gone through this hell you can save your settings and load them with the "Prog change" button [hold it down and hit PAD 1 -> Program 1]
seriously i love akai but they need to do something about config, im like 3 days trying to config it with cubase, its so hard!(btw what do you use to chop your samples?)

Spuntastic

cinephile/beatmaker
Battle Points: 82
seriously i love akai but they need to do something about config, im like 3 days trying to config it with cubase, its so hard!(btw what do you use to chop your samples?)

I know exactly what you mean.
I chop the samples in the DAW and put the chops on the pads (or more precisely I load the chops into a VST and trigger them with the pads, since you can't load the sample onto the mpk)
I guess you can put up the whole sample on one key/pad and use a VST to chop it up automatically on the other keys/pads, but then that's a DAW-thing

Battle Points: 1
I copped mine for 350. Honestly, I was just being a smartass. You can sample with a whatever. Chop on the beat. Or every two beats. That makes it easier! Good luck homie

NatureRok

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Trik.. If you are using fl studio.. I have found the most useful way to be slicex.. you can
use the markers to your exact preference.. save the regions you create with the markers for use
in a vst on fl or even another daw(for example i dump em into kong in reason sometimes)..you can
set tempo in slicex prior to dragging in playlist (good for matching vocals with beats after setting it to pro audio and then using the embedded bpm ( which you pre programmed))..once you have it in the playlist. you bring up the channel setting for the sample you dragged in and set it to tonal and then the amount of bars/beats you want it at and then also the pitch.. (left most knob)..

thats my method.. peace

members online