Sampling and Violin's

YoungTruf

ill o.g.
How can I create a good sounding violin for hip-hop and RnB.I read some of the past topics and seen that I needed to sample or do some layering stuff or whatever.I'd like to know how to sample,not a song but an instrument,and whats the best way to do it and how it's best to be done for great sound quality.

I'd like to know what songs have good violins that can be captured.I mostly liked Em's
violins though.But I'd like to know how to create good ones too just to prove my own creativity,please and thanks.

~Truf~

YoungTruf

ill o.g.
I listenin to eminem and doc on "forgot about dre" and I really like those violins,but their not something I would use often.

KidWork

ill o.g.
with Dre...he normally gets musicianss to replay anything....so if he got a melody from a keyboard set of strings he would most likely get a string section to replay it....by doing this u achieve a real more authentic sound....now cats cant be like ohh thats the gang strings patch on the fantom.....for us less fortunate we can do things to get around that...def try not to quantize...then stack multiple octaves on top of eachother using diff patchs...maybe the high octave using one patch the mid using another...and so on...mess with envelopes and other parameters.....put some reverb compress and eq and delay to try to make it real

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
with Dre...he normally gets musicianss to replay anything....so if he got a melody from a keyboard set of strings he would most likely get a string section to replay it....by doing this u achieve a real more authentic sound....now cats cant be like ohh thats the gang strings patch on the fantom.....for us less fortunate we can do things to get around that...def try not to quantize...then stack multiple octaves on top of eachother using diff patchs...maybe the high octave using one patch the mid using another...and so on...mess with envelopes and other parameters.....put some reverb compress and eq and delay to try to make it real

Word! Use this advise wisely as an outline & apply what "you think" is needed to achive your desired results.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Strings are a hell of a lot easier than brass, even cheap ass soundfonts and general midi sounds usually have good sounds to get ideas down.
now brass - sax, trumpet - those are a big pain in the ass and damn near impossible to pull off without the real thing (or a large sample library)...

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
damn

shit lotta good advice ..... but you are NEVER going to get synth strings to make it as funky as the right string sample ...

get digging!!!

(or call DRE)