Sampling Bass

• beat this! voting starts in...

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Since your PM box is full, I'll post in here.

I gotta question when it spreads the bass sound across the keys. What if I sampled a bass note that was E, would Kontakt automatically map it so that the middle C would still be C or would it just place that sampled bass note E at the middle C position and map from there?

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
seoul p, kontakt can map it to a different key, so can FL, you just gotta kinda trick it into doing it, to do it with FL, figure out what key it is, and say if its a F#, go into the channel window the first tab, and there is hte pitch wheel by the timestretch wheel, and drop the pitch by 800 cents, and just count down like that down keys and then when u hit the C itll be the C, and when u hit F# itll sound like the sample originally did on C, you just gotta count semitones. Oh yeah, and I would reccoment using Kontakt for that, it has some sound engine that will stretch as well as pitch, and it can also manipulate it to sound alot better in some cases

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you have to make sure you chop as close to the zero crossing as you can get, that means where the sound waves cross over the center line, and in a stereo sample, try and make it on both channels as close as you can get, that could be one reason