Sampling In Reason?

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sample in soundforge/cool edit, then chop in recycle for the Rex for cleen loops or just drop on NNXT for oneshots/unquantized shit

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Yup.

Recycle is to be purchased seperately. But it is just as available on the net as FL Studio.. use that information at your own risk.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
well.. since you didnt load up the sample already chopped...

ur gonna have to load up multiple images of that sample to different keys. then the knobs at the bottom: there should be one for start and end. just adjust the start knob until its at a starting point that u owuld like ur slice to be. and just keep goin from there

CiseMusic

ill o.g.
Iight I Jus Loaded Up All My Chopped sounds Into The NNXT, How Do I Assign Each Sound To A Specific Key Of The Keyboard?

jbm

16 Pads
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Change the root key,hi key and lo key to the note that you want that one slice of the chop to play on in the NN-XT window.Then assign other slices the way same but on other keys in the NN-XT window.

For example: 1 slice or chop of your sample assigned to= Root key C1,Hi key C1,and Lo key C1 now hit the C1 key on your midi controller and that slice will play only on that key.

CiseMusic

ill o.g.
Man I Still Dont Get It, Can Somebody Explain How To Assign Different Chops To Different Keys On the NN-XT In Reason?

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
Sanova said:
well.. since you didnt load up the sample already chopped...

ur gonna have to load up multiple images of that sample to different keys. then the knobs at the bottom: there should be one for start and end. just adjust the start knob until its at a starting point that u owuld like ur slice to be. and just keep goin from there
....................GOOD LOOOKIN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonova And Jb Good Looking Out On That Tip........wow Thats Goin To Make It Mad Easy For Me .........i Dont Use The Nn-xt That Much I Have Heard Lost About It But Not In Details............. Some Should Make A Post All On The Nn-xt Sampler.... That Would Help Me Out Alot.........wow... I Cant Wait To Try That!!!!!!!!!!!!!peace.............1luv Illmuzik!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZonQ

ill o.g.
You can use recycle to chop up the sample you wanna use then use the Dr.Rex and open the .rx2 file you saved in Recycle.

For the NN-XT well it's simple too! You load a wav sample you want, once that's done, you will see in the big blueish windows the sample you loaded in and it is placed below a piano key. That key is generally the one that will have the sample on it. So if you press that key well the sample will play. Now if you want the same sample to play on like per example Key C2 too C5 well click on the sample in the window, it will higlight it and you will be able to enlarge the sample key to C5. Now if you press on every key from C2 too C5 you will hear the same sample but at a different speed at each note. If you want to load another sample in the NN-XT and keep the one you used earlier, well you do the same thing as for the beginning by pressing the "load sample" button.

I don't know if this is clear for ya but if you don't understand, well when I'm gonna go home after works I'll screenshot you the method!! By then well ask me a question and I'll try too help you out!!

P'z

ZonQ

J

JMSoundzLTD

Damn, so much information such little time. lolol, nice one guys, i just learned 5x more info and ive only read 3 post. lolol

prose1

ill o.g.
Sanova do you have to use a wave sample editor to sample? Basically I have recycle;a turntable;reason 2.0;and protools. Just starting out.

Sanova do you have to use a wave sample editor to sample? Basically I have recycle;a turntable;reason 2.0;and protools. Just starting out.