Sampling on the MPC2500????

*~Snaelro Wen~*

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Sup guys....I was wonder why is the sampling different on the 2500 os1.10 than the 2000xl???

I was trying to sample a record for the first time since i got it last night and when i went to pitch shift to speed it up all it did was make it slow and high pitch. The 2000xl didnt do that when i did it on there. WTF?!?! I mean it sound horrible. How can I sample my records like I did on my 2000xl???? Please help a brotha out im flippin out on this.........

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Gotta look in the manual, I got mine a month or so ago and I am just now starting to fool with it.
Its differet fo sho!
Sounds like what you did was time stretch it and pitched it up.
I am not gonna lie I have sat for up to 30 min. just sitting staring at the machine with no sound waiting for the buttons and function keys to reveal what it is I need to know.
Its similar but different, I have to go to the manual this weekend and REALLY start working it.
I have been wanting to get iin the sample flip thing but I end up just staring like I said before.
All my ref knowledge is on the sp1200, and this aint that...
MANUAL> :D Pm me or get at me man I'm in the same boat right now.lol

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
*~Snaelro Wen~* said:
Sup guys....I was wonder why is the sampling different on the 2500 os1.10 than the 2000xl???

I was trying to sample a record for the first time since i got it last night and when i went to pitch shift to speed it up all it did was make it slow and high pitch. The 2000xl didnt do that when i did it on there. WTF?!?! I mean it sound horrible. How can I sample my records like I did on my 2000xl???? Please help a brotha out im flippin out on this.........

nah what u did was pitch shift, it changes the pitch and keeps the same tempo ( new feature on the 2500)

what ur asking about is the tune feature from the XL

instead of going into the edit window and scrolling over to pitch shift

highlight whatever sample's name and hit the window button (the white light button)

then look at the bottom of the screen and u can change the tune from there up or down

it can also be done from the main screen by hitting mode+program(pad7)

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I swear I just look at the red writing above those pads like "why isnt it written here?".
I cant wait to master this machine its my first MPC so I cant wait to start freakin the thing.
I think I got every kit they sell on Gotchanoddin.com and soundcrafting.com on flash so now I got an ass of great sounds that I am baby steppin thru!!Good thread,
Any other advice on the 2500?

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
its a lot of advice I could give, since the topic is so broad u gotta narrow it down

what u need insight on?

one thing I can tell you off top is to just, experiment with the machine, u can discover a lot that way