sampling resources?

kanaris

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
im trying to start sampling because i feel limited with only composing and sequencing. i am using reason 3.0 as my sequencer and the programs i have to sample in are adobe audition, sony acid pro 6 and recycle. ive gone on youtube and watched some of the sampling tutorials for each program but im still finding it quite hard to understand and apply. any suggestions for programs to use or any resources to learn these programs would be appreciated.

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
This is my opinion and not fact so no one needs to get uptight.

IMO FLStudio is perfect for sampling, I have used most of the major programs and the way FL handles audio is superior.

Its all self contained, you can record right into FL, chop up in Edison, drag the chops to say the FPC (like a virtual MPC) or FL slicer or DirectWave (sampler) or just a sampler channel.

The potabilities are endless.

Check out these vids [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-JiEg1lajo"]YouTube - Sampling with FL Studio Edison[/ame]

There are loads of vids, those just give you a taste.

NW

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
This is my opinion and not fact so no one needs to get uptight.

IMO FLStudio is perfect for sampling, I have used most of the major programs and the way FL handles audio is superior.

Its all self contained, you can record right into FL, chop up in Edison, drag the chops to say the FPC (like a virtual MPC) or FL slicer or DirectWave (sampler) or just a sampler channel.

The potabilities are endless.

Check out these vids http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urac6iW2g6U http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-JiEg1lajo

There are loads of vids, those just give you a taste.

NW

WHAT!!@#!@

!@#!@#!@

F@#$ FL STUDIO!!!!! RAWWRRR!!!!! .:mad:

HAha Just Playn.

kanaris

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yea so i tried edison and its the most simple program ive ever used ahahah. im really liking fruity loops rite now and it works nice with reason so i think that was a good suggestion. anybody know of any good resources for fruity loops.. i wanna learn it now

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
yea so i tried edison and its the most simple program ive ever used ahahah. im really liking fruity loops rite now and it works nice with reason so i think that was a good suggestion. anybody know of any good resources for fruity loops.. i wanna learn it now

www.warbeats.com is cool as hell. Helps a lot for newbies to FL Studio. If you have a legal copy of FL, the forum site there is quite helpful also. Merry Christmas!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
^ NO the fuck you didnt.... Have to review your banabilty...

Listen when it comes to sampling you should know that your not just trying to take a riff and loop it and add your beat, The real art of sampling is to hear little things that will meld with other little things you heard from a diff song to create a new song..
Thats the real art of sampling.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
If you know reason stick with it. Recycle and Reason are a match made in heaven for sampling.

I agree 100 percent that combination is amazing!!!!

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 215
im trying to start sampling because i feel limited with only composing and sequencing. i am using reason 3.0 as my sequencer and the programs i have to sample in are adobe audition, sony acid pro 6 and recycle. ive gone on youtube and watched some of the sampling tutorials for each program but im still finding it quite hard to understand and apply. any suggestions for programs to use or any resources to learn these programs would be appreciated.

JUST LOAD YOURSELF A SAMPLE IN THAT OLE NN-XT AND GET BUSY.

members online