sampling rock tracks

Kaleidon

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i find it sometimes hard to sample a good rock track with drums on it.

I know most people like to rip guitar riffs or vocals but sometimes i want to load a good 4 bar comp into recycle

how do you guys sample rock tracks?

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Its like sampling any track that has drums in it ... Sample around them or lay
drums over and eq the low out so you dont hear the drums from the sample hitting.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
its all about flavor if u got the flavor for it than its not that hard...not every producer is good as sampling classical or rock or w.e...i find some things cant be tought u either got it or u dont

T

The Arkitekt

If you samplin rock, you gotta find the right song. Not every rock with heavy guitars can be turned into some smooth sounding hip hop song. Unless your going for some heavy sounding shit then you have to find the right songs. Moody Blues has some rock shit you can sample

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
If you samplin rock, you gotta find the right song. Not every rock with heavy guitars can be turned into some smooth sounding hip hop song. Unless your going for some heavy sounding shit then you have to find the right songs. Moody Blues has some rock shit you can sample

i have a few moody blues records

T

The Arkitekt

Ya, Moody Blues is dope as fuck, mad people don't know bout them, they got a few songs that are good to smoke to, I think they make like hippy music or something lol

Kaleidon

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
word thanks for the advice, im tryna chop this deep purple joint and i cant figure if i should take the organs or try and eq them shits out.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Organs are good..

I usually throw drums over it....

The drums in the sample act as layering agents for me..

Especially when they have that small reverb to them...

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Over the last year or 2, most of what i've sampled has been rock. It's actually my preferred genre to sample, especially indie rock/experimental rock.

But again, as was stated before, certain producers have a knack for sampling certain genres, some don't. It's all practice.

soulmarauder

ill o.g.
Moody Blues is the bomb. Masta Ace's "Dear Diary" sampled the moody blues song of the same name. There's also some good classical orchestra bits on the "Days of future passed" record that I'm suprised no one has really used before.