sampling setup

BourbanBoi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i'm gettin more into sampling.............what is tha best way to go about it setup wise................ what equipment is a must.........i make most of my beats with fruity loops so what other stuff do i need (software and hardware wise) to start making some tight beats.................holla@me

ill o.g.
As long as you got a turntable and your fruity program and speakers, your all set. Try stickin with that for right now, til you master it.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
it depends which way you want to go if you want to go hardware you could check these peices of equipment out

1. mpc-series
2. asr-10( you can have you samples go across the whole board)
3. asr-x
4. motif( you get best of both worlds you get a sampler and a keyboard)
5. akia s2000

can't think of anymore hardware of the top of my head please feel free to add more

now if you want to go software check these out

1. E-MU EmulatorX Sampling System
2. reason 2.5( not for shure it has a sampler but i think so just ask the reason users)
3. fruity loops has a sampler to with auto chop function.

and i would also say get a turntable, start diging in crates at record stores, good will, and thrift stores.

well thats all i can think of write now please feel free to add more or change something if i got it wrong.

BourbanBoi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
thanks for tha info..........i'm going to get a turntable,my computer already has a m-audio card in it.............for now i'm just going to work with fruity loops and try to master it but i don't know to much about getting my sample to loop right( i've been messing with tha beatslicer all day,tring to get used to it) ............i'm thinking to let the sample roll in the piano roll and try to get drum patterns to go good with and see what happens........... thanks for the info,anything helps