Sampling w/ ReCycle/Reason

thaprecepta

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Is it just my lack of knowledge or does recycle suck balls? Heres my problem. I found a wav file to import into recycle and I did that. It's really slow and I want to speed it up. However if I change the tempo when its chopped up its cuts off, it doesnt speed up the samples, it just tries to get the tempo by stopping the chopped up samples. How the hell do I get it to get the individually chopped samples to speed up? I'm kinda pissed right now cause I just waisted an hour trying to figure this out. Maybe I should read the 75 page user manual.. maybe... if anyone knows how to fix this problem or if recycle just sucks let me know

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Is it just my lack of knowledge or does recycle suck balls? Heres my problem. I found a wav file to import into recycle and I did that. It's really slow and I want to speed it up. However if I change the tempo when its chopped up its cuts off, it doesnt speed up the samples, it just tries to get the tempo by stopping the chopped up samples. How the hell do I get it to get the individually chopped samples to speed up? I'm kinda pissed right now cause I just waisted an hour trying to figure this out. Maybe I should read the 75 page user manual.. maybe... if anyone knows how to fix this problem or if recycle just sucks let me know

The problem is most people don't know what they download to begin with
if they did they would know that it is not a audio editor like Wavelab or goldwave.
Recycle was not made for things with long delays like strings .

Do some research first then you may learn something.

The problem is most people don't know what they download to begin with
if they did they would know that it is not a audio editor like Wavelab or goldwave.
Recycle was not made for things with long delays like strings .

Do some research first then you may learn something.
I think what you want to do is change the pitch of a selected chop to give the illusion of higher speed of the selected chop. You can do a lot with rex files in reason, just depends on the type of rex file ie beat or notes

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I think what you want to do is change the pitch of a selected chop to give the illusion of higher speed of the selected chop. You can do a lot with rex files in reason, just depends on the type of rex file ie beat or notes

Yup thats what i was going to say, it's the only real option in recycle to mimic a tempo change.

thaprecepta

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
tht sucks dick so that means i have to use adobe audition to speed up the sample without affecting pitch before i import it? and in doing tht i have no control over the exact speed of the tempo since tempos arent determined by the duration of the loop... thts gay you think tht a 200 software would b able to do that

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
tht sucks dick so that means i have to use adobe audition to speed up the sample without affecting pitch before i import it? and in doing tht i have no control over the exact speed of the tempo since tempos arent determined by the duration of the loop... thts gay you think tht a 200 software would b able to do that

Well the 200 software has other great features. you can change the tempo with the pitch and if you load your samples into the NN-XT you got way more control of the sample tempo.

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well the 200 software has other great features. you can change the tempo with the pitch and if you load your samples into the NN-XT you got way more control of the sample tempo.

Recycle has been out for a long time now.
At yeast 6 years now.Really was made to recycle drumloops.
Not a real audio editor.
There a good freeware one just cannot think of the name rite now.

LonChainy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The problem is your not learning your program...all the things you listed that you want Recycle to do...YOU CAN DO!! Recycle has been out for alot longer than 6 yrs brah..as a matter of fact..are you ready for this?? Akai bit Recycles/Propellerheads technology for the introduction of the MPC 2000..YES THATS RIGHT...look it up

follow:

1) load up your wav file in Recycle..play your loop without chops and adjust the pitch to your liking

2) now type in the bars...count them..this is still before chopping

3) now start your chopping...and type in the desired tempo of your loop

4) now as your chopping adjust the bar count while the loop (with your chops) is playing until you get a smooth transition between chops and start and end point of the loops, you may have to adjust your tempo a few points or cents to get it just right

works for me EVERYTIME!

members online