sampling with the mpc 2000xl

BourbanBoi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i was just wondering what is some of the ways to sample................... do u just take a sample and loop it through out the song or cut it up and assign them to different pads and use different parts at a time.........what is the best way to go about sampling???????

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
exactly what you just described. experiment and figure out what you like best.

ill o.g.
You can sample whatever you want. You can be like P. Diddy and copy a 30 sec loop from sting then put a hip-hop drumkit over it, or you can be like Primo and sample 2 seconds from somethin and cut it up and make a hopt beat out of it. You can do whatever you want. Like Shortbus said, "Experiment and figure out what you like best".

BourbanBoi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
thanks for the reply.......i just got mpc so im still new to everything .............. i used fruity loops before ...............so im gettin used to how i want to use my samples in my beats.............but thanks for the info

T

The Bastard

ive mad the transition from fruity loops to mpc too ,took about a month or so to full know how to do all the basic and intermediate shit ,it prolly woulda taken a shorter period of time if i could work wit it more,i bought it durin the end of the school sememster which is crunch time for the finals so it sat for a while,i can pretty much do everything i want with it now and u can use yur fruity loops wit yur mpc to ,by makin sum melodies in fl then trigerin them in the mpc ,word life im out