Sampling without the Slicer

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Yo,

First of all i wanted to tell everyone that I'm still reppin FL to the core. I love it much more than reason because of my vsts, sorry reason heads. Anyway does anyone else chop in audition and use the sequencer to arrange samples or does everybody use the slicer? Just curious yall

Peace

O

open mind

i do my slices with the build in editor of fl studio called EDISON.ounce i set my markers then i just copy the file and paste it into the fl slicer and BOOM all my markers are there cause the fl slicer recognizes the edison slices heheehe!

fl studio is tha shit!

*edit* if u dont want to use the slicer u could load your samples into the FPC and then u could use it like an MPC.or u could use a layer channel to controll multiple samplerchannels.or arrange the samples in the playlist man there are so many ways to fuck with samples in fl studio but yeah i use mostly the fl slicer.

Voo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I've been using FL Studio since '00 or so.

I have never used the slicer. not once.

I chop everything in CE.

O

open mind

I've been using FL Studio since '00 or so.

I have never used the slicer. not once.

I chop everything in CE.

well what the hell is CE and we still dont know how u arrange your samples wich is the question of this whole threat.

Voo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
CE = Cool Edit

I usually take a full song and chop everything I might ever use. Usually I'll get anywhere from 25-50 individual samples from a song.

then I use FL's sequencer or piano roll to take it from there.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
i cut everything in soundforge, chop up a new kit and leave the original file with the markers from soundforge in the sfk file. I can load the cuts in the slicer or the whole original file since slicer reads sfk too and puts the markers back in place so i dont need to load all the cuts i made or i do whatever i feel like, got the cuts ready for use and the original with markers...go figure lol

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
I use Beat Creator, which works perfectly with FL Studio. I sample and chop in BC. I can also export slice markers and sample into a slicer channel.

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I do everything in FL

chop the song in the playlist and 'make unique'
Throw it in the slicer and if the auto slice doesnt do it right, I slice it in edison

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i chop it it up in adobe audtion then drag the wav files into the sequencer and then experiment :) ...if i like a particular sound i might use the piano roll to get different octaves of that sound

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I cut my samples in Audobe Audition and then put the pieces in the FL Slicer.. Then i select the open in beatslicer option and run with it from there..

then i got my own custom cut sample spread out over the keys, only thing i don't like is the fact that i cant put envelopes on the seperate samples..

mars

ill o.g.
I chop , arrange and loop my samples in audition, then I just bring the loop into my sequencing program

members online