sampling your own keyboard performance

T

The Bastard

i have the option to use midi to control my keyboard (psr292) but lately i been sampling my own performance and trigering it during the sequence as a sample ,i like it better cuz i can add the mpcs effects to it and i dont have to remember any of the midi data cuz its all samples,any1 do this

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Yeah, I do that as well, because its also easier for me to assign my own sample to a channel on my external mixer coming from my mpc when using the idividual outs. I cant control a midi track that way, atleast I dont know how if there is a way to that, because I sequence everything on my 1k.

"The OZ"

D

DaFunkDocta2004

Ditto...that method only makes sense. It's a lot easier on the back when coming to the studio with just an MPC and not an MP and a EPS, lol

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i always sample myself playing keys or guitar to add with my sequencing. i may even compose my whole song with using that method alone. plus it allows me to layer my sounds like i want and asign to the 8 outs as well.

T

The Bastard

Thats Cool, I Usually Do It For Ambiences N Shit To Dress The Beat Up,my Melodies Are Usually Not My Own Samples Chopped Up (off Vinyls)I BEEN WANTED TO TAKE KEY LESSONS FOR A WHILE BUT I JUST DONT HAVE THE TIME OR MONEYTO DEDICATE TO IT UNFORTUNATLY