sampling yourself

thedon98

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
have any of y'all ever thought of sampling yourself then chopping them up and see what u can come up with

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
i do it to its dope

Sonorous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah i've done it before i think it dope and you can freak it and don't have to worry about anybody having the same sample

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I would do it but I'm scared of having to sue myself and being sue BY myself cause I dont feel like going through the trouble of contacting myself for sample clearance.

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
have any of y'all ever thought of sampling yourself then chopping them up and see what u can come up with

I do that quite a bit on the ASR-10. Much fun to be had when I come up with a ill sequence.

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i saw this technique once in a BeatMovie from DJSyl i think if its not him im sorry thought of that but never done it.

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Lately I have been doing it a lot.

With Edison in FL you can set it to record on playback. Then you just chop it up in Edison and drag the slices into the FPC, the work flow is excellent. You can get really creative with it.

NW

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dont just resample your melodic instruments. if you aren't resampling your drums pretty constantly you're hustling backwards imo.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Let me ask a related question.
Is there a vst plug in that can make clean drum beats (like from BFD or Addictive Drums) sound like a 60s / 70s sampled breakbeat?

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Is there a vst plug in that can make clean drum beats (like from BFD or Addictive Drums) sound like a 60s / 70s sampled breakbeat?

the best way to do that would be to run it through some old, grimey drum machines and analog gear, vsts as they are digital are the last things that can do that well. there are some out there that claim they can but i haven't had good results.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Werd.
Yeah, my original thought was to sample them into the SP1200, then record the outputs of the SP back into the computer. Was trying to find a shortcut, however aint' nothing like the real thing, agreed...

DJ Udo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.

Add a distortion effect. You will have to re-adjust the levels though.

majestik

ill o.g.
Haven't done it but am about to

Na I haven't sampled my own sounds, but it' s problaly cuz I'm into starting fresh each time. But I see your point why this would be usefoul though, peace.

ART77.jpg