sampling

J.Mctaw

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
does anyone know what 9th wonder's sampling process is? I was listening to "lovin it" and i was wondering how the hell did he do that with FL. I'm new the game by the way, so don't stone me for not knowing.

thanks

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i mean im not sure if you listened to the original track which is called 'one night affair' by the stylistics i think !
if you listen to that its pretty easy to see how he did it its mainly a loop with a few chops for the chorus its not one of his more complicated beats !

J.Mctaw

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i never sampled b4 and i'm trying to get into it. i try to compose my beats but they don't sound that good.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
mr.roc said:
i never sampled b4 and i'm trying to get into it. i try to compose my beats but they don't sound that good.

haha don't get down on yourself for not sounding as good as 9th...9th is an absolute beast on that program and amazingly doesn't even use a midi keyboard or any sound modules, he just sticks completely to FL and an editing program.

there's a downside to that though...no disrespect to 9th but theres a real word in the industry that his talent is dying down...there's only so long that you can compose professional quality beats in a program like fl studio, with no other equipment, without hitting a wall.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Hi-Lo said:
haha don't get down on yourself for not sounding as good as 9th...9th is an absolute beast on that program and amazingly doesn't even use a midi keyboard or any sound modules, he just sticks completely to FL and an editing program.

there's a downside to that though...no disrespect to 9th but theres a real word in the industry that his talent is dying down...there's only so long that you can compose professional quality beats in a program like fl studio, with no other equipment, without hitting a wall.

i dnt think it helps either that the crew he produces with justus league are so large and their record output so high, plus he's done whole albums with people like murs ! hes probbaly released more records than sum1 like premo whos been around 10+ years !

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I don't know about hitting a wall. His recent stuff is even better than his earlier stuff. To me it doesn't matter what machine/software you use. As long as you work hard and focusing on making good music that's all it matters.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i def. agree with you, khrysis is a much better producer, just because he mixes up his beat making techniques. all of 9ths tracks sound the same to me. dont get me wrong he is good at making beats, but he should try to experiment with some other techniques, just so he doesnt get the same result on basically every track

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
Just give 9th his props! And let him be.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
classic said:
Im better the 9th wonder and krysis combined......and i can kick both their asses in madden

that's a joke right? :p

members online