Saturation, b!tch

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Seeing as my beloved TapeSim keeps crashing (not to mention some weird sudden stability issues with TruePiano), I sought out some tape/saturation plugins to do a similar job...

I got recommended both, Ferric TDS and Voxengo Tube Amp ... going to give them both a try and see what I get.

(Even better; both are FREE!)

Whack this shit on your drums / bass (or anything) for a real gritty sounding effect (if you drive it hard).

I love warmth.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I haven't tried Ferric TDS but anything by Voxengo is dope! I've been playing around with Tube Amp. Good info, thanks for the share.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I haven't tried Ferric TDS but anything by Voxengo is dope! I've been playing around with Tube Amp. Good info, thanks for the share.

Playing around with your tube... explains the avatar!

image.php

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Nahhh bro, my tube has had a dedicated socket for the past 20 years! Plus, tubes hold high voltage, not safe to touch.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Nahhh bro, my tube has had a dedicated socket for the past 20 years! Plus, tubes hold high voltage, not safe to touch.

Ha!

Funny you should say, some engineer I got a little masterclass from, was telling me about building your own outboard gear... he told me never to buy/create a Pultec eq... he said he made a couple of his own (they sound amazing), but some guy pointed out to him that the valves(or whatever) hold enough voltage to have easily killed him/someone.

Shocking stuff!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
And thats very true! I had an old tube amplifier that I used to change the tubes in when they got weak, I had to discharge them by touching the top of the tube (where the voltage was...) with a screwdriver and make contact with the inside wall of the case. It literally sounded like a small caliber gun shot!

The right capacitor will do the same thing.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
And thats very true! I had an old tube amplifier that I used to change the tubes in when they got weak, I had to discharge them by touching the top of the tube (where the voltage was...) with a screwdriver and make contact with the inside wall of the case. It literally sounded like a small caliber gun shot!

The right capacitor will do the same thing.

Whoa, man, that sounds kinda dangerous?!

If you touched it with a screwdriver, and touched someone else... could you zap them!?