Saving to MPC

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Alright people, So I just got my mpc 1000. This may sound like a dumb question, but how would I go ahead and save my work. what is the best way? Say I have a couple of sequences with some tracks on each. how do you save samples, tracks, etc. ? I made a sequence last night and after I tried to load what I saved, the sequence only played the beat without the samples. Whats up with that? Thanks to anyone who can help. And sorry for the uneducated question. ONE

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Its all in the manual man, Your samples didnt play back after you saved the sequence because you have to save the sample along with the program. Dont be afraid to read, its all there

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You're right ozmosis. Maybe I should read closer. By the way, my Mpc is amazing. I was using an asr- x almost 2 years. I learned a lot form it but nothing compares to akai. Shit is outstanding. Do you use a 1000? Thanks for the reply

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Yeah, Phonetik your questions can all be answered in the manual and the topic are right after one another. How to save a sequence, How to save a sample, How to save a program. Ive had my 1000 for a 1-1/2 years now and I still havnt used all its features, its a tight machine. Just make sure you goto the Akai site and get the latest OS for it, to avoid the early bugs in the system.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Phonetik said:
Wow, I had no idea it could conract any type of virus. Thank you

Its not virus its small things that Akai had to correct, functionality that needs to get fixed. For example when the 1000 first came out, sometimes on play back the sample wouldnt play. You hit play and everything is tight, then all of a sudden your drums are going, but the sample you imported stops playing. All you have to do is hit stop/play agian for it to come back, but its small stuff like that, that they had to fix. Or they might add new capabilites to the 1000

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
haha, I need to actually sit and read that manual as well...

The saving on the mpc is kinda weird, I think there are just too many options...

I always create a new folder and just go to "Save Entire Memory" and save everything with the samples into it...

That seems like the best way to keep all my shit in order and saved.

Hope that helps

ALLEYCAT

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
The best way to do it Hoppa is as follows
1. name your sequences and your programs with same names then use the function and copy the names
2. go to save and use the save all programs function
3. create a new folder and paste the name u copied and save it
4. after u save it u should then choose the save all sequences folder, paste the names here as well
5. after the entire beat will be saved into one folder
6. when u load it back up it will load th programs and the sequences u saved as well

hope this will help u out, holla if u need it more detailed, just a brief summary.

beatzbybuddy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Save all Programs and Sounds.. or Save the sequence and then save the samples on different disks.. You have many options... Fuck that manual, its like Ching Chong to me.. I just grinded and learned the hard way, but hey, I learned and so can you!

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I tried saving using these methods, but still didnt seem to work. Maybe Im doing it wrong. What would happen if I saved "all sequences and songs"? Would that save my samples along with my sequences? Or do you have to create a song in song mode in order for this to work? I have gone back to the manual and I am still having trouble. I feel sort of retarded lol....fuggit I will figure it out. Its mad frustrating though cause I made a cool sequence and have yet been able to come back to them because they get lost after I shut off the machine. I have learned my lesson to know how to save before you make bangaz. Yeah, by the way, how bad is it for the machine to be on overnight? how long can it stay on before causing problems? Word.

beatzbybuddy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Strait up heres a clean way of doing saving to floppy or zip ( I recommend Zip for space )

1. If you using samples, load and place your sample on a pad.
2. Sequence you midi notes or your 4 bars including the sample if used.
3. Save - all seq & sounds to zip - ( floppy may be to small )
4. If you need to save to floppy, save your sample seperate and then load it.
5. Hollah back if you dont understand or AIM me trashdogg

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks for the feedback beatsbybuddy. I am using the 100 though (flash cards).

Question for all:
SO if I save the entire memory right? Will this save my samples ? I mean will they be saved how I arranged them to sound in the sequence?

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
I'm not that familiar with the OS on the 1000 but on the 4000...

All your samples are in programs which become part of what's called a Multi file. On the 4K if you save your Multi file and your sequences, you've saved all your work. Does the 1K use a similar structure? If so then all you would need to do is save all your sequences and then the Multi file.

members online