Saving VST's as they are in FL6?

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Everytime I use Plug-ins in FL6, Whenever I save the project and come back to it the VST go's back to default. How can I save the vst's (as is) with the entire song? For instance if the default is a flute sound and I use a Violin or Piano. How can I save it and make sure it will save at the last instrument I have used?

AKP

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Depends on the VST. Some Vst make you save a program within the VSt some don't. Which Vst are you concern with.

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
You have to control edirol via the midi outs. It explains in the help files for FL how to use them.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
alright i get that, so if i want to change some of hte instruments i just have to make a new preset for which ones i want, then use midi outs to control that shit i guess

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
Open Edirol, set the port to a port like 3 or whatever.
Create a new MIDI OUT channel.
Set the MIDI OUT port to the same as Edirol.
Select the channel on the MIDI OUT. Channel 1 will control channel 1 on Edirol.

Then use the bank and sound settings to pick which sounds in Edirol you want to use.

Here is an example......

midiout.JPG

The number next to the P on Edirol is the bank #. Second # is the channel #.

All this is in the Edirol manual. It tells you what CC# control what stuff on Edirol.

When you know this, you can link your controllers knobs to the knobs on the MIDI OUT channel. Then link the knobs on the MIDI OUT to the CC# you want it to control.

Now your settings in Edirol will be there when you save and reload. And if you have a controller, you can control what patch you use, volume, pan and whatever else you want with your controller and not the mouse.

Pimp shit.

nfx

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
samuelock said:
i don't think anything can be done to save the settings unless in Edirol or Sampletank, there is a preset saving feature, which i highly doubt there are.

Sampletank has always remembered it's loaded presets for me. Don;t know about Edirol.

members online