Sawtooth wave tutorial

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hows the capabilities of the rs7000...? i've seen you talking about it positively in ya posts...

would it be a good thing to center a set up around?

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
RS all day everyday... 5yrs n countin... u must be willin to learn and dont get frustrated... i told cats about the RS abilities for yrs, but it gets ignored all the time... ever since i put the camera phone vids out, i see more n more vids poppin up. it can def be the center, but u gotta put in time to learn... its not hard though... i made non sampled beats the 1st nite i brought it home. i didnt mess with the sampler for like 2 yrs... once i learned that part, it was a wrap... and thats where im at now... i'll post 2 more later. thx Graf.

da relic

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks for the info... one last question though... hows the sound quality of the rs7000?.. i was thinking of copping it before, but never seriously considered it

Anyways... i just peeped the video now cuz i forgot to last night... and it's a good technique... i was using that technique on synths in reason, but never thought about using it on samples.....that second beat you showed was crazy

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
thanks for the info... one last question though... hows the sound quality of the rs7000?.. i was thinking of copping it before, but never seriously considered it
sound quality is good... its def not shitty... u got eq and other filters, so, i get by with them all the time... the beats u here are the sketches of the final product b4 they go to the mixin board... i know how people are... theyre skeptical until they see it in action... well i gave u a few vids, now its up to u... sawtooth mite be comin down soon... my partners in crime said im showin too much of what the RS can do...lol sorry.

da relic

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Props for sharing such a vital tool Slik! I'm gonna try to incorporate that in Reason as soon as I find out how the hell to do it. I'm sure there's a way. Probably need to filter thru a malstrom or subtractor. I don't think it has a reverse saw tooth wave though. Maybe my sound forge or acid pro has something that gives the same effect. If not I'm copin' something that does because that shit is dope if u dig for samples.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
after showin it... i think the RS is the easiest to use, only bcuz its just a knob turn away... truly a slept on feature on the machine... you can make a beat out of anything with this feature... u can thk all those damn samplin laws for this. i never wouldve dug deep if it wasnt for that... im gonna show a beat i did usin portamento and sawtooth next.

da relic

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Nice video.But I think any one can get the same effect using a gate plugin.
or using a LFO and filter

members online