Scott Storch

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
still, without him that riff wouldnt even be there. It was his idea, says dre.

oh shit, I thought Break ya neck was all dre too. That shit is hot. make u wanna jus bobble head

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
50 cal said:
word, i had no idea. you know where the sample is from
and once again I know the sample and heard it the other day while searching for one for my man....I heard that same riff, but the Alchemist used the actual sample though pre 2000 song I have to check, dude sampled so much shit...LOL but yeah Storch is nice, cant take anything away but again Dre was making hot shit long b4 Mr. Storch or most of the ones that everyone keeps saying makes his beats or whatever, ....most of them had nothing to do with the OG shit....back when west coast was Dre vs Above the law .....so i take that with a Grain of salt...now I know the haterz gonna hate but Dre is a real producer and yes if he really want he can deliver, when you on the hook for hit after hit and you got the phones ring off the hook to deliver...you must either have a production team or have someone thats your partner coming up with ideas anyone that produce knows that....but when you in the game at that level you cannot afford going into a 2 or 3 month slump on beats when there is a deadline to deliver...thats the reality of the game at a high level....enter casper the friendly ghostproducer...who is just about every known cats friends or just straight go to jackin...LOL

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
bigdmakintrax said:
and once again I know the sample and heard it the other day while searching for one for my man....I heard that same riff, but the Alchemist used the actual sample though pre 2000 song I have to check, dude sampled so much shit...LOL but yeah Storch is nice, cant take anything away but again Dre was making hot shit long b4 Mr. Storch or most of the ones that everyone keeps saying makes his beats or whatever, ....most of them had nothing to do with the OG shit....back when west coast was Dre vs Above the law .....so i take that with a Grain of salt...now I know the haterz gonna hate but Dre is a real producer and yes if he really want he can deliver, when you on the hook for hit after hit and you got the phones ring off the hook to deliver...you must either have a production team or have someone thats your partner coming up with ideas anyone that produce knows that....but when you in the game at that level you cannot afford going into a 2 or 3 month slump on beats when there is a deadline to deliver...thats the reality of the game at a high level....enter casper the friendly ghostproducer...who is just about every known cats friends or just straight go to jackin...LOL

Even if it was a sample, that riff alone inspired producers all around the world, sampling or composing to use the "Roll on" type piano chord. That shit is in so many different hot tracks.

P.S. cant forget about that Knockturnal feat. Snoop- The Way I am

Wait....... This is gonna sound pretty lame but I have a new favorite Storch beat. That Mario joint- You should Let me love you

When Papoose spit Monopoly over that joint I all of a sudden started liking that R&B song.

BlackSox

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I still like the Neptunes better. They at least have their own style. When you hear a Neptune or Timberland beat, you know who produced it. When I hear a Storch beat, I can't even narrow it down to who it might be.

He puts out some bangin shit tho.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
lol @ the run it beat.

that synth is the Powerfall lead in Sonic synth. i got it.

simple ass beat, i remade it in a matter of minutes.

matter of fact, so did Tee.. from tdaysbeats. none the less, beat is still kool for what it is

YoungDecadeZ

ill o.g.
Sanova should post a beat of him remaking the run it beat <_< since it is simple and all.. but besides that Scott Storch's Lean Back record is what broke him out there big time..but before that record i fux with that Sly Boogie record - Itz Nuthin .. peep that and tell me scott storch didn't do his thing

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
YoungDecadeZ said:
Sanova should post a beat of him remaking the run it beat <_< since it is simple and all.. but besides that Scott Storch's Lean Back record is what broke him out there big time..but before that record i fux with that Sly Boogie record - Itz Nuthin .. peep that and tell me scott storch didn't do his thing

sly boogie is on point. specially for us cali heads.

by the way, i already posted a video of me remaking TI - what you know. a much more difficult beat, so i dont know if that was sarcasm or what.. but search The Lab fo Sanova Beat Making Video #1

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
i swear dude looks more nerdy in every pic i see him in

O

open mind

damn on the second pic he looks like sum fukked up psycho killer or sumtin haha.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
how about the one that wuz completely silent thats the best one i bet other can agree

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
I was tryna think of my favourite scott storch beat the other day.....

The Roots - Don't Say Nuttin
Mario - Let Me Love You
Beyonce - Me Myself and I
Busta Rhymes - Kill You

Mikemaster G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
My favorite Scott Storch beat has to be that Lean Back joint!
That shit was bananas!!

I gotta say Lean Back and Still Dre. But for his latest one, I'd have to say Let's Ride by Game. That shit is bang'n

Hey KurtisRich
I have to agree with you
That Let's Ride beat is the shit!!
It gives u that West Coast vibe that Dr. Dre has been giving all those years before.

members online