Scratch Magazine

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
The best magazine i have ever had, with exclusive interviews about producing and nothing else. Its about time they came out with a magazine with the "science of hip hop". I have the neptunes and the lil'jon covers. I just wanted to know what everyone else thought about it?

ill o.g.
i subscribed, except, im still tryin to get my neptunes issue. I got 1,2, and 4. And i hate havin to wait for 3-5 months between issues.

Other then that its great.

E

Equality 7-2521

i dont like it. the producers they focus on are generally wack imo and there are too many homo ads.

i prefer the likes of sound on sound or future music or computer music. way better tips and just more in depth in general. sure its not all focused on hiphop, but the read is so much better.

Ado

The Rappin' Dead
ill o.g.
I like it because it shows what actually goes on. Like the Kanye issue. I thought dude would be loaded with equipment but he wasnt. It also shines light on underestimated producers/djs like the executioners who were hated on BIG time by people that I talked to.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
SPeakin of Scratch I just got a letter from them thankin me for subscribing which I was given as a gift on X-mas but the Person instead of sending the money checked the bill me tab and now they Send me a letter 2 months later asking for 15.50 . DOes it take this long for your magazines to come also ?

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
yea i jus go to the stands and buy mine as well. I hate the fact that they come out every 3-5 months. Hopefully soon they will be commin out with them every month, if xxl could do it every month so can they, but im happy with what they come out with now. I have the lil'jon and neptunes issue, i hope i didnt miss alot in the past issues (especially the first 2).

C

Carpe Diem

man, got the kanye and neptunes covers, but its so hard to find here in uk....

E

Equality 7-2521

Nomicsproduct said:
scratch is da shit. theres mad producers in there dat nobody knows bout. i has tons of information. i love it.

who are these dope unknown producers you speak of?

Maknbeats

Back to Work
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 56
I love Scratch, they really need to make it monthly though, but i wonder how long it takes them to actually make an issue, or if they just do it really slowly. But how fast can they really make them without gettin them to repetative, that's probably why they do it by seasons or whatever. The new one with lil john is pretty tyte. They still have to do one with Tim on the cover. The magazine is great it's so much better then reading source or vibe, that's the only reason why i look at source is to see the producers shit. I hope that Scratch is here to stay

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
ummmm all i see in scratch are well known pop commodoties...

ok, so they got sallaam remi in there, that was a plus, but 2 lil jon covers out of four issues?

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Naw Truth This his first Cover Was Kanye or Dre First cant remember 2 lazy 2 go look, NEptunes , Now LiL Jon But there was a big Article On Lil Jon already in 1 of the Issues

members online