Scratching vocal samples from Serato to MPC Studio

k_fancy

I apologize if this isn't the correct area for this topic. I wanted to know if there is a way to scratch vocal samples or even sample audio from Serato within the MPC Studio. I have been trying to find a way and am having no luck, if it's not possible, it's not possible. I have tried downloading a virtual audio cable and also audacity to try to see if I can get any sounds showing up in there but have tried pretty much every sound option in there and am not getting any sounds. I do have regular records with my set up also so I can scratch those if I need to, but don't have the largest record collection in the world so vocal samples may be limited. Thanks in advance!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I haven't used MPC Studio but since you can record into it, then you should be able to with Serato. Even if you can't, Audacity should definitely pick it up (I use Audacity), you just have to set the correct input in the settings. What do you see in the settings for Audacity?

Maybe this video will help with Studio:

k_fancy

In output I have microsoft sound mapper, cable output from this virtual cable program I installed, Hi Fi Cable output, internal microphone, and stereo mix and in input microsoft sound mapper, cable input, speakers (via high def audio) and hi fi cable input. I use windows 7 so i'm not sure if i'm supposed to use MME, Windows Directsound or Windows Wasapi.

k_fancy

In output I have microsoft sound mapper, cable output from this virtual cable program I installed, Hi Fi Cable output, internal microphone, and stereo mix and in input microsoft sound mapper, cable input, speakers (via high def audio) and hi fi cable input. I use windows 7 so i'm not sure if i'm supposed to use MME, Windows Directsound or Windows Wasapi.
I also forgot to mention that when my Akai AMX is plugged in, I can see that as well.

Bugsy

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 206
I do it all the time but with maschine and traktor. I dont think it would be any different from your set up tho.

The only thing missing is an audio interface still Im pretty sure you can use audacity to pick the signal from serato like @Fade said.

But if you still arent having any luck, you could just record the scratches on serato and export as a wav file and chop it up on your DAW.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Hmmm, well yeah if you had an audio interface then it would be easy to just select that as the input source. You'd just have to try all the settings and see which one works. In Audacity, I have Windows Wasapi and then I just choose whichever device I need to, so you should be the same.

But what about in the MPC Studio settings, what do you see?

k_fancy

Still not getting any sound in audacity for some crazy reason so I think i'll just have to record and then convert from aiff to wav or mp3, thanks again.

Southpaw Slim

Slim but the beat is fat.
I am running a separate Mac on my decks, the output run into my Akai EIE pro (run off a second MacBook) with the MPC inputs on CORE audio.
There is probably an easier way, but thats just the way my set up evolved. . .